Questions about CCHS Chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

manicmummy

Re: Questions about CCHS Chelmsford

Post by manicmummy »

DD recieved her BUDDY letter this morning. She was sooooo excited and the timing could not have been better as she has been a bit jittery about leaving her little school where she has been since she was 2.5 . Her buddy had obviously spent a lot of time writing it with all the things she would need to know, her house etc and allay any of her fears. DD so pleased may sleep with it :lol: Such a nice touch. It was accompanied by a stack information/forms which i will tackle over a glass of wine tonight.
Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences I hope i can be of similar help in the future :)
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Hi

I recieved the same stack of letters. What I was surprised by and has kind off thrown me a bit was; they have called us in for some kind of meeting next monday the 13th at about midday for 15minutes. Does anybody know what this is about as I would almost certainly have to take a day of from a busy schedule, just for 15minutes. Not to mention my DD taking day off

HD
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi,

I read in the last CCHS news letter that instead of the Headmistress visiting each child at their primary schools before starting in September they are now inviting the girls to a meeting at the school with their families. If you can find a copy of May's newsletter on the school website it says that this is a new departure.

I think it is a bit of a shame as I remember how excited my daughter was when Mrs Chapman arrived unannounced at her school to meet her. Perhaps they have not really thought through the fact that parents will have to take time off work for such an event, seems quite a lot to ask for a 15 minute meeting.

PS I have just looked at the school website, May's newsletter is not on it yet, but it should be soon.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Thank you marigold.

Unfortunately, we may have to skip that

HD
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

We are first thing tomorrow morning so a little easier for OH to attend.shame about that replacing the visit to primary school though . On the other hand nice chance to familiarise her with some teachers faces and those of her form. Keep you posted. :D
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

Yes, we are 1st thing Friday morning. Looking forward to it....i guess. Too far too come for 15 minutes I say.
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

We had a lovely meeting and DD relaxed straight away. THe focus was definately DD and what she was looking forward to any worries etc. Time after for us to ask a couple of questions. Well worth it if you can make it but definately see your point HD.
Fact that most interested me is that this 81/120 girls are all from different schools!! I know this can be similar year on year but the fact a teacher confirmed that has made DD much happier as im sure she disbelieved my ' nearly everyone will be in the same boat ' comments and imagined hoards of groups of girls and her just standing on her own :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now