Today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Southendmum

Re: Today's test

Post by Southendmum »

There are some really paranoid people on this forum. Yes I agree that the finer details should not be discussed but maybe a post asking for a "pm" was done in exactly that way so as NOT to create the paranoia that some people on the forum seem intent on creating regardless! Maybe that post was created because the poster had a legitimate concern and did not want to escalate the concern for others by suggesting things that other posters got the wrong idea about? Maybe certain people will always get the wrong idea anyway?
leels2706

Post by leels2706 »

OMG! I went to work, came back, cooked dinner, poured myself a drink & logged on. What a hornet's nest I've stirred up!

I'm not on here to make friends.... or enemies.....

The system is unfair. A couple of hours one Saturday in November decides whether your DC gets into a grammar school.

Speaking about the exam is not allowed & has been specifically forbidden by the moderators on this forum. My comments were tongue in cheek hence the :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your good wishes everyone but don't bother posting a response if you're going to wind everyone up.

What's done is done. The system is the system. March 1st will hopefully bring our children the places they deserve x
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Just logged on again.

Good grief. All getting a tad mental on here! :lol:

Post-exam stress is an understatement...

Made me chuckle anyway...which I needed. Thanks. :)
moved

Post by moved »

Well, it's 9.45pm and I'm just home from work and a very interesting careers evening at CCHS.

This is a horrible time and I think we feel utterly powerless as parents, there is a long wait to get through and there is nothing we can do apart from hope, worry, agonise, etc!

Good luck to all of you.
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

Glad this thread has given a few people a chuckle on here tonight, but come on guys, you must admit that to suggest that because someone has asked for a PM it means they are fishing for information about the exam so they can "gain an unfair advantage" is absolutely ridiculous and in my opinion the height of paranoia! Especially when the person doing the suggesting doesn't know the full facts! Or is it just me?? LOL
moved

Post by moved »

I think times like this bring out our paranoia, sensitivity, impatience, ... Hopefully, it can bring out our humour too! But then I think mine always was a little dark! :mrgreen:
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

I do agree moved, we can all do or say things that seem strange when faced with stressful situations. No one is perfect and whilst trying not to sound too dramatic, I'm guessing it is all just a bit too raw right now for everyone. By this time next year it will all be a distant memory and then we will look back and laugh I am sure, or hopefully long before then!!! Thankfully in the meantime we have you to keep us all sane, dark or not. :lol:
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

southendmum or anybody else, I apologise for my PM'ing comment.

It's just that I was surprised people were asking each other what the text was, thats too much detail, with the alternative date still pending.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I was one of those who asked for a PM. My DD is in Y5. I asked purely out of curiosity. Last year and the year before, I was able to work out the text from a few scant details and quite enjoyed the puzzle. I didn't pass on the information then and I wouldn't now. I believe part of the value of a GS is that its intake has had the ability and fortitude to give a good account of itself in the exam. I simply wouldn't want to play any part in helping one child unfairly gain an advantage over others.

If it's any consolation, I don't have the foggiest about this year's paper. Well done, CSSE!
moved

Post by moved »

Seems like natural curiosity to me especially as the nasty moderator asked you all not to discuss the test openly. :mrgreen:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now