Nervous mum, awaiting test results in Mrach 2012.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
olu

Re: Nervous mum, awaiting test results in Mrach 2012.

Post by olu »

aang wrote:Congratulations to your DD.

Looking at the scores, the number of applicants to SHSG increased from 666 in 2011 to 834 this year.

Thanks aang, I hope ur DD made it too. Now I have to worry about how she would make new friends and find her way to school. My DD would be 11 a week before the start of school.
Maple

Post by Maple »

She'll be fine.

My DD started at SHSG last September. She was the only girl from her school and I was worried how she would find it.

The school gently helps the girls settle in and gives them all the support they need.

My DD has made lots of lovely new friends and is absolutely flourishing!

Good Luck to your DD!

Maple
olu

Post by olu »

Maple wrote:She'll be fine.

My DD started at SHSG last September. She was the only girl from her school and I was worried how she would find it.

The school gently helps the girls settle in and gives them all the support they need.

My DD has made lots of lovely new friends and is absolutely flourishing!

Good Luck to your DD!

Maple

Thanks Maple, I am happy to hear the school does support with orientation. I am excited she is going to a GS at the same time worried how she would fit in. Glad to know your DD is doing quite well, thats something I am looking forward to.
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

Olu,

My DD will also be starting at SHSG in September...(from out of catchment)..as we understand it they are often grouped with girls that maybe travelling from a similar area/location which helps with the settling in process. Many girls travel by train and bus and certainly when i went there many moons ago, the train/bus commute provided an excellent opportunity to meet new girls.

Does anyone know when we are likely to get information from the school ?

*** :D
olu

Post by olu »

:) Moatmum,

Thanks, this is good news, that would give the girls opportunities to be friends and travel together. We are far in Barking and I believe they need to take a bus from Southend east station if am right. We got lost on the opening evening day and was not able to view the school or meet anyone. I intend to view the school hopefully sometime soon and know where its located but I have done some search on internet and this has provided me with some information. :)
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

They tend to walk from Southend East, it's about 15 mins, she won't be alone, many do it.

Print out a google map with directions on, DD will show you how :wink: :lol:
panichead

Post by panichead »

Olu, my dd is in Y8 and has lots of friends in her form who travel from Barking. There are lots and lots who get off at Southend East and walk up (about 10/15 mins).

I sometimes think my dd would like to be part of the "train gang" but she has a 10 minute (ish) walk from home which is from the other way!!

:lol: :lol:
olu

Post by olu »

Thanks Kaynor and Panichead, I am reassured now she would not be alone on this journey if there are so many DD's making this trip each morning already. Looking forward to Sept and wish u all a good day. :D