Dates of exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum2007

Post by Mum2007 »

Thanks Azzurri,

I'm not sure if i would be able to afford the fees for private schools.I know that Woodford County is a goverment school without payment of fees but is Chelmesford grammar for girls the same process. Also do i need to contact the schools for application forms?? for woodford. chelmsford, Forest extra as when i contact the LEA they say i have to wait until after summer holidays.

Do you know of any good tutors in the redbridge area for 11+

:?

Sorry for being a pain.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mum2007

Unfortunately it is against forum rules for tutors to be advertised on this forum.

Patirica
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

Dear Mum 2007,

How about trying the Essex Exams. Chelmsford Girls. There is a bus service from Gants Hill / Newbury Park to Chelmsford .
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

Blessed you have said, How about trying the Essex Exams. Chelmsford Girls. do i need to contact the school directly? for her to sit the exam or do i ask LEA of redbridge?and is it similar to woodford county (goverment school or private)

Do you know the papers for chelmsford is it VR and NVR papers or maths and english?

I have heard that this is better than woodford county high but further distance.is this true??

Thanks
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Dear Mum 2007,

You should recieve a transfer to secondary booklet from your child's school this coming September.This tells you all you need to know about the selecting process.Perhaps you could try phoning Redbridge LEA to see if you can receive it earlier.
Unfortunately I do not know about the Essex Exam for Chelmsford.All I know is that the VR Test has been changed to multiply choice and the Maths and English are standard.I got this info from a parent who has a child in year 5 and will be taking the Essex tests this November.
Mum2007

Post by Mum2007 »

Azzurri i have been only supporting my daughter for verbal and non verbal papers for woodford county. Do i need to work on maths and english for the chelmsford school as i would like her to try for that too.??

She is currently getting 90% in her test papers that she does with me and her tutor. do i need to practice papers every day with her??any ideas.

What book should i buy for maths and english for 11+?

Thanks
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

Your daughter can take the Essex exams. There are loads of information on this site about the Essex exams. You just need to indicate on your form that you also want your daughter to do the exams. My son did both the essex and redbridge exams 2 years ago.

For Chelmsford, you need to do Maths, English and Verbal Reasoning.
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Mum 2007,

If your daughter is getting 90% in her NVR and VR papers at this time there is no need to practice every day.Your child's tutor should be able to let you know nearer the time how much hours your daughter should spend on the papers.90% at this stage is very good indeed.

You will need to get papers for maths (standard format) and english,Comprehension skills for the Chelmsford exams.They do not do NVR.

Bond papers and NFER NELSON are the most popular but if you have the patience browse the Essex forum which might be of interest.
Mum2007

Post by Mum2007 »

Thank for all your advice
Karen

Post by Karen »

mum2007 wrote:Blessed you have said, How about trying the Essex Exams. Chelmsford Girls. do i need to contact the school directly? for her to sit the exam or do i ask LEA of redbridge?and is it similar to woodford county (goverment school or private)

Do you know the papers for chelmsford is it VR and NVR papers or maths and english?

I have heard that this is better than woodford county high but further distance.is this true??

Thanks
You should contact the Consortium for Selective Schools in Essex (CSSE). Their website address is: www.csse.org.uk. They will have all the information you need regarding schools, exams and timing, etc.
Best of luck
Regards
Karen

PS - Dear Bo Peep - still thinking about you and keeping fingers crossed :). Homeschooling isn't so bad, we did it for a while. Felt the bond between us became stronger.

Joanne and Chelmsford Mum, glad to see you are both still around. Hope all is well with you both. K
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now