1 week to go, how are we all feeling !!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bravado

Re: 1 week to go, how are we all feeling !!

Post by bravado »

Manana wrote:4 sleeps to go (as my four year old would say!) and 'today, I have been mostly... finding ways to distract me from feeling horribly sick and nervous!'
Lol!! That's exactly where I am at, now!!! :lol: I rang DH about 2 hours ago and said I was going shopping to try and distract myself. He knew it must be bad...I HATE shopping :lol: :lol: I feel so ill, even looking at the cherries and strawberries made me feel "urghhhh". It must be bad :wink:
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

You poor lot, Im out of it now but my stomach is churning as I read your posts. Good luck to all your DC, keep calm, and eat plenty of bananas and tuna (brain fuel) but not together :lol:

If anyone is sitting at Chelmsford get there in plenty of time and take change for the carpark as it gets terribly busy and parking can be difficult. We were late picking up our daughter after her exam as the road was at a standstill due to Kegs and CCHS finishing their exams at the same time, I had to jump out down the road and run up to the school. If I had to do it again I think I would leave our car there and walk into town.
moved

Post by moved »

That is an excellent idea. It really isn't far to walk. We do it every day for the station.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Well - I was ok until about half an hour ago. Had a chat with a friend who has claimed all along that she won't be doing extra tuition etc etc - OMG :shock:
Her DS has been away at a summer 11+ 'camp' over the hols, has been putting in 6 hour days, blah blah....no wonder he wasn't around for play dates!
Feel sick and lied to. Feel almost that I haven't given DS a chance...but he's been really good, I haven't had to push him. He's willingly done extra work.
Ugh.....splitting headache from it all. This is how I said I WASN'T going to be............ :(
Honestly feeling like he has a chance but prob will JUST miss out.
Not much to say but just needed to vent. Sorry :oops:
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Don't worry about it. I really don't think six hour days are particularly effective so I don't think you've missed out on much. Sounds like a business is taking full advantage of parental insecurities. The horrible thing is the being lied to. It's a funny old gig, this eleven plus prep. Brings out some freakish behaviour in some folk.

Good luck to everyone - even the nutty ones!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

JWMUM, ah don't worry about what other people do or have been doing. Who in their right mind would even contemplate sending their child to an 11+ summer camp, never heard of such a thing but someone is out to make money. They must be desperate!!! Your son has worked and done his best, so you should be very proud of him. My DD doesn't have a tutor but some of her friends do. I do feel sometimes that they are 'cheating' by having a tutor as the school here prefers you not to have one.

My DS last year never did any practice papers except for 5 days before the exam when I bought him a Bond VR (10 min test) book, so he could be familiar with VR type questions. How naive was I? But he passed with flying colours and is now happily at GS and doing really well. I'll admit, he was shattered when he came out of the exam as he had never done 50 min papers in his life. But it just goes to show that all this tutoring isn't always necessary.

Good luck to your DS, wishing him every success with the exams ....... and don't worry! :D xxxxxxxxxx
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Thank you for lovely replies. Yes he is fab....whatever happens on saturday, lots of hugs to you all out there.xx
:) :) :)