Discussion/whooping/panicking thread!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SpicyMum

Re: Discussion/whooping/panicking thread!

Post by SpicyMum »

pushymother wrote:Yes, totally agree, more grammar schools please!
Tixylixy wrote:Morning all and best wishes for this afternoon.

I'm sure I'm not alone but I have to say that after 6/7 sleepless nights and the anxiety, stress, trepidation and terror about the results, I feel positively sick to the stomach.

I've lost my appetite and like another mother mentioned on the Forum, I would happily go through childbirth again, rather than having to go through the painful 11+ process.

I've no doubt that the majority of parents on this Forum are simply trying to give their DC the best possible educational opportunities and I ask myself, does it have to be so painful? If there were more grammar schools across the Country, much of this torture would be alleviated. It must be clear to the successive governments that many parents want the grammar system and yet they refuse to create more gs and being the cynic that I am, I can only conclude that this is designed to keep those of us who do not have the means to send our DC to indies but aspire to give them the best education, firmly in our places and not to be audaciious enough to have designs above our station.

I feel quite strongly that parents across the Country should lobby the government to create more grammar schools, not less.

I look forward to any views.

Regards
Reading the email post registration for the test from CSSE, it said that any change one want to make, maybe such as to include the e-mail, cannot be made online but should be emailed to sifadmin@csse.org.uk. I hope this help :)
ahap

Post by ahap »

Any computer wizards out there? I can't open my hotmail account. I tried windows update, Rebooted the PC, Tried downloading email alerts, but to no avail. I can go to the account but it is all jumbled up. I can see the emails but I cant open them. It was working fine yesterday.
I use firefox, I tried Internet explorer. Please can someone help!!!
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

Hi ahap,

I do not think its your computer, I think its hotmail. Even my account is playing as well. Hope it will be alright soon.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks Suresh,

I have to wait patiently till they fix it I suppose. :(
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Oh Ahap - what a time for a computer gremlin....fingers crossed it gets fixed soon :shock:
What a lot of us on here today!! Stress is.....checking e-mails every 30 seconds, :roll: such is my angst I have opened a tin of Celebrations bought in smug prep for Christmas. How stupid was that with 'today' fast approaching...!
Now I'm stressed and fat! :(
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Well - that's it. Going to have to log off now as time for school run.
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY. NO DOUBT WE'LL HEAR FROM EACH OTHER LATER. :)
ahap

Post by ahap »

The most annoying thing that my hotmail is doing now to me is that it shows all my emails and then vanishes. Peek-a-boo :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Refresh ....peek-a-boo !!! vanishes....... :evil:
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, that should make people smile at this hour of anxiety I guess.
sasa81

Post by sasa81 »

not long now!
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

The moment is nigh… good luck everyone….
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now