As we go into into the last 48 hours before 21/09...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

Re: As we go into into the last 48 hours before 21/09...

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:Gutted. DS not well enough to sit tomorrow. Incessant coughing .. will disturb others, which I totally understand.. and won't mean he does his best. Been off school all week and will now sit on the 30th. Feel very flat .. only made the final decision this afternoon.

The CSSE Office were brilliant, the School, CRGS were superb, sensible, practical and told it how it was.

Good luck to all of you .. what lovely parents you are to take your DC's on this journey, whatever happens you should all be so proud. Will keep some bits of me crossed for most of tomorrow. xx
Really sorry that you have had to defer, but you have done the right thing. He will be much better by the 30th and you won't have the nagging feeling that you had sent him in and he wasn't able to do his best. It will be over soon, at least it is only 9 days and not January or something horrendous. Feel for you though - I will be so relieved when I have registered dd tomorrow morning and left her at the school. I won't feel she isn't going to come down with something until that happens.

Best wishes for your ds that he makes a speedy recovery over the next week. You have come so far with your ds, it is just a bit further :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
bravado

Post by bravado »

cetaylormade wrote:Bravado - as ever your advice is very sage
...and I know my onions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry - I couldn't resist it. Many thanks for your kind words - very much appreciated.

I'm so glad that things have improved and good luck :-)

Mikedellfarm - what rotten luck :( My thoughts go to you and your son. Whilst I know it's hard to have to prolong the agony, it's better this way. I hope he's feeling better soon.

To each and every one of you - the very best of luck and for all of you with poorly DC's who are still willing to sit the test, may I wish you them an overnight recovery :D

I have thought about you guys a lot, today and I shall keep you in my thoughts tomorrow, too.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

mikedellfarm, I'm sorry to hear that your ds is not well enough to sit the exam tomorrow. For what it's worth, I think you've done the right thing in deferring him. He won't be at his best and it is only just over a week later.

From my own experience, it's a very difficult to decision to make and it made me feel a bit low too but it really is the best thing and it will still all be over in just over a week's time. In the meantime, your ds has time to get better.

Bravado, thank you for your kind thoughts. I, for one, need every kind thought coming my way. I am so tired and stressed. Not too long to go now though...
akha

Post by akha »

mikedellfarm wrote:Gutted. DS not well enough to sit tomorrow. Incessant coughing .. will disturb others, which I totally understand.. and won't mean he does his best. Been off school all week and will now sit on the 30th x
Mikedellfarm, I am gutted for you, so sorry .... Take comfort that he will all better by the 30 th and he will rock it!
akha

Post by akha »

You're more than welcome, akha :D
Bless your heart - it's such an emotional rollercoaster and moments like that really get those tears going :cry: What a little trooper your DS is, you must be so proud of him. :D DC's never cease to amaze me with their power to blow you away and do something unexpected.
Here's to an early night and one less day of pre-exam worry.[/quote]

Thank you, bravado, for your kind words. And as DIYers , we wouldn't have been were we are without your valuable advice!
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

MDF

Sorry to hear your news, hope he gets well soon and as others have said 30th is not too distant.

Imagine, in Redbridge the alternative date is in February

Best wishes to all

HD
djy76

Post by djy76 »

Mikedellfarm, sorry to hear DS is still poorly... here's hoping he will recover soon

Roll on 30th for you guys..
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Thank you to you all, especially Hopeful Dad for telling me about your alternative exam date, puts it in perspective.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

MDF

Just for clarity, luckily we are not doing that just merely informing how bad it is for Redbridge children who have to take alternative date.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

an unimaginable wait.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now