CRGS aspirants 2014 and their scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Re: CRGS aspirants 2014 and their scores

Post by Blitz »

Just updated collated cut-offs with some new CRGS info. 337.3 offered 20.7.11 (16th on w/l). That was the last place offered.

CRGS list moved massively (16 places) last year. Historically it usually moves by about 8 places.
KEGS on the other hand, pre catchment changes moved by about 20 places each year. Post catchment change, it moved by 4 places.

How 2014 entry will pan out is anyones guess. But if you don't put a school down on the CAF you stand no chance of gaining a place or being on the waiting list unless you make a late application.
felgate

Post by felgate »

Have just become aware that kegs will have a catchment area for 2014 entry. We live so far away from Kegs - its never been on my radar. Is this likely to increase the score required for entry at CRGS compared to previous years? Not feeling so confident anymore about my DS's score of 354.
aang

Post by aang »

KEGS introduced the priority catchment area starting Sept 2013 entry so they already have real data for the guidance sheet. I suspect scores for CRGS may go up again, but 354 is comfortably above what has been needed in the past. Good luck, but I'm confident you won't need any !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now