Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mojojojo

Re: Waiting lists

Post by mojojojo »

Oh well - I called Southend Admissions again today, as instructed (by them).

I at least got someone that gave me up to date information today, but DD is still 4th, after adjustments for late entries, which I guess means at least 2 late people were put in above her, since Buddy's DD was position 2 and now has a place.

They wouldn’t give any opinion on the likelihood of further movement, but suggested that there would be no point calling now for at least a month, as late application adjustments and rejections would all have been processed by now. So we are essentially reliant on at least 4 people either changing their minds or getting offered places at higher preference schools.

I think I need to move on as if she is not getting a place now, as we're in the process of moving also (and eldest DD just about to sit her A levels) and this is all just too stressful :(

Sorry to be a bit gloomy about it.
Bright

Post by Bright »

mojojojo wrote:Oh well - I called Southend Admissions again today, as instructed (by them).

I at least got someone that gave me up to date information today, but DD is still 4th, after adjustments for late entries, which I guess means at least 2 late people were put in above her, since Buddy's DD was position 2 and now has a place.

They wouldn’t give any opinion on the likelihood of further movement, but suggested that there would be no point calling now for at least a month, as late application adjustments and rejections would all have been processed by now. So we are essentially reliant on at least 4 people either changing their minds or getting offered places at higher preference schools.

I think I need to move on as if she is not getting a place now, as we're in the process of moving also (and eldest DD just about to sit her A levels) and this is all just too stressful :(

I'm a frequent visitor to this website and was sad to read Mojojojo's comment. Don't give up Mojojojo, I have pasted past comments from previous years just to reassure you that historically, movements can still occur towards the end of April and into May.
Best wishes

{{
hettyfeather
Post subject: Re: SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Many congratulations to your DD asterix3 - must be such a relief for you. My DD was 19th on waiting list for SHSG (another one with a score of 320!) and we received an offer letter yesterday. My DD is thrilled as she favoured SHSG and we had our doubts whether we would even be offered a place off the waiting list - let alone by April. yrd200, this must put your DD at least 3rd on waiting list now and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as it looks as if you have a good chance(what was your DD's score?).
Have heard that SHSG was extremely popular with the in-catchment girls this year (120 plus girls) which may explain why the waiting list for WHSG has moved far quicker this year (I believe at least 31 places!) compared to the waiting list for SHSG.
I know that I have found the whole process extremely stressful this time round and my heart goes out to everyone still on the waiting lists - however, I feel sure that with your help and support your DC will achieve and be happy in whatever school they are eventually allocated.
Good Luck to CardyMow and Skenty with your forthcoming appeals - you both have excellent cases and deserve to win.}}

{{
worrryguts
Post subject: Re: Southend/ Westcliff Waiting ListsPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Just to let all the hopefuls out there know my dd received an offer for SHSG today. She was 5th on the waiting list after offer day then went 7th, 8th, 6th, 4th and 2nd last Thursday and I received a call from SCC today. I also received a welcome pack in the post today from the school. I had emailed SCC and asked them to call me if we were successful in gaining a place.

Don't give up hope. I know there is still movement out there. Will be thinking of you all and wishing you the best of everything (especially Sundae21!).

Good luck to all of you.}}

Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

mojojojo wrote:

Mojojojo - don't give up. 4 O/C places is definitely a possibility.
I am surprised they have suggested not to call for a month.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thank you both. I'll try to stay hopeful! After the hols we need to start looking at local comps (I'm not sure if that's the right term these days) nearer to where we'll be living by September - Plume School, Maltings Academy, and Rickstones Academy. I think it makes sense to be proactive, even if we do eventually get an offer.

We have accepted our place at the current local comp that we were offered in the meantime though (thanks to those here that advised me).
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Just wanted to share with you all, as you have been so helpful and positive.

We had a letter offering DD a place at SHSG today :D She is so chuffed - she read the entire letter to me over the phone!

So, for those keeping score - 4th on list on offer day, 4th on list after adjustments, place offered 10th April

:D :D

Best of luck to anyone still waiting.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Congratulations well done to you and your dd for keeping going there and holding on ;-) Mojojojo. Really pleased for you.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
djw

Post by djw »

Also got offer today for SHSG. We where 6th on waiting list on offer day.
Delighted for my daughter after all her hard work.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Congrats mojojojo & djw.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done djw!
Sundae21

Post by Sundae21 »

Mojojojo. So happy for you. I thank my lucky stars every day that DD1 got a place there. She's so happy. I think your DD may well be getting on the same bus as her.
Congratulations.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now