Southend boys-30 extra places allocated

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
missymoo1972

Re: Southend boys-30 extra places allocated

Post by missymoo1972 »

Just in case you didn't know (I know I didn't until your post!) there must have been two o/c meetings as I was at one last Thursday. There was about 30 children there and I know a few were from the Chelmsford area. Hope that helps someone xx
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Was it Thursday 18th? If so, that's the one I was at! The Chelmsford people must have been hiding from me! :lol:
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Yes it was, sorry I thought you'd been at another one on the Tuesday. Shame as I thought we might have more o/c than I thought! X
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Yes I hoped so too! I'm sure they'll soon fit in. My eldest is at SHSB in a similar year group, only 25 oc, and although I cant fault the school and love it, I have found it a little hard to connect with any other parents. Hence my frenzied efforts this time round!
CM12Dad

Post by CM12Dad »

I was also at the meeting last thursday and was told that there were only 28 o/c places as more i/c boys scored higher this year than the previous year.
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Wow, not many of us at all! Maybe that's why the bus pass price keeps going up! :shock:

I thought the oc induction day worked brilliantly, my son recognised quite a few faces from the other week on Friday, it certainly lessened the nerves!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now