How to Get Through - the countdown and the long wait

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: How to Get Through - the countdown and the long wait

Post by ToadMum »

newatthis wrote:I don't think we should be discussing exam content on here. Mods please delete.
The CSSE has always used different papers for the reserve date to the best of my knowledge, so I wouldn't panic.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fausto

Post by fausto »

Thank you ToadMum - you are right, the CSSE never use the same paper for the alternate sitting, I know this from experience from DS1.

Newatthis - I ensured that my post came well after the time when the last exam had been completed. The CSSE ensure that exam content cannot be discussed.
newatthis

Post by newatthis »

Fausto - thanks for clarifying.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

We have had a complaint from the Consortium before now about the discussion of test content on here.

Which moderator agreed to the post further above?
Alternatively, if you think it is safe to post, give us the evidence.

Our guidance is quite clear:

• 13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
      Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
      No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
      Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
      Copyright must be respected.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p346290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

Hi. Not mentioning content at all, but am I allowed to ask how everyone's dc found it?(Please delete if I am not).
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Hi. Not mentioning content at all, but am I allowed to ask how everyone's dc found it?(Please delete if I am not).

Thanks for asking.

We can't immediately see any objection provided it's kept very general, e.g. "The paper as a whole seemed quite hard".

Problem arises when some people then start discussing which bits of the paper were easy/difficult, and in the process reveal aspects of the content.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

Thanks.
All I was really wondering was did people find it easy/ok/hard, no more detail than that really. Personally don't see the point anyway in discussing the actual content, we can't change what the kids wrote :-)
Kace

Post by Kace »

Dd1 said she found the English paper easier than expected and the maths paper harder than expected.
HomeMum

Post by HomeMum »

Ds said opposite. He found maths paper easier than english. Guess that's partly difference between boys and girls though. Can never tell I suppose. Each child is different in how they see a question. My Ds did say it was not as 'hardcore' as he was expecting it to be lol
Last edited by HomeMum on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

I was in this position last year.Wasn't so nervous for results as wasn't expecting her to do well and have a great comp right at the end of our road. Then she got 213, far more than I thought after she said test was really hard and missed the entire Cloze section.She wanted to go to Scgsg (we are Birmingham) so that was borderline. We put it first and then had a very nervous wait until March. She didn't get in, but was OK about it. Then got in off waitlist at end of July!!! It was a very long road for her, but shows there's always hope!
I feel for all of you and wish you all the very best.Good Luck.