discounttravel by c2c for from upminster/barking to southend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrCat

Re: discounttravel by c2c for from upminster/barking to sout

Post by MrCat »

Hi,

From an online search on the C2C website the quoted fares for a child from Upminster to Southend East are:

£ 30.15 weekly
£ 115.80 monthly
£ 1206 annual

From Barking the season ticket prices are:

£ 36.35 weekly
£ 139.60 monthly
£ 1454 annual

I doubt the quoted priced received by contacting C2C by phone are correct. In addition the weekly monthly cost when compared with the weekly does not make sense.

Since I trust the C2C online quoting system, I hope that the information you received was incorrect. Happy to hear confirmation of this.
tian

Post by tian »

mad? wrote:
tian wrote: My query is just to know if somebody have got more info as many parents replied and gave very useful info. After all, I believe that this forum is made for helping or giving advise each other and not criticising or classifying other people where they come from.Thanks
Of course it is Tian and I am glad you have got the help you needed. The'crop' of people referred to have been helped for many years by regular posters here, usually lurking and providing not help/support themselves, rarely saying thank you and then asking quite ludicrous questions on allocation day which make it clear they have ignored the best advice. I appreciate that you are not one of these, but understand the sense of frustration other posters feel in general with this type of issue, particularly when there are appeals questions etc which tend a times to get lost in the melee.

Congratulations to on your DC and well done. Perhaps you can now share the benefits of your experiences/advice and support of others going forward, if you look at Scarymum's profile you will see that is what she has been doing for several years.
Hi Scary mum, first thank u for my son.
Second, I know what u mean about helping other and don't say thank u or appreciate the advice they get.
I had the same experience too. I have been helping in my son school and sometimes I bumped into it. At the same time I have been lucky that through the years from nursery to now we built up strong relationships with other parents of same class and year. I will be more than happy to help and share tips and advice as I did in my son's school any time.
Thanks
Barbara
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MrCat wrote:Hi,

From an online search on the C2C website the quoted fares for a child from Upminster to Southend East are:

£ 30.15 weekly
£ 115.80 monthly
£ 1206 annual

£ 36.35 weekly
£ 139.60 monthly
£ 1454 annual

I doubt the quoted priced received by contacting C2C by phone are correct. In addition the weekly monthly cost when compared with the weekly does not make sense.

Since I trust the C2C online quoting system, I hope that the information you received was incorrect. Happy to hear confirmation of this.
The Scholars Season Tickets are only available via the link I posted (or in the case of the Westcliff High Schools, by contacting the number given in the link by phone). They are not available via the normal c2c website, or indeed through c2c at all.

For a ticket originating at Upminster for the summer term this year, the season ticket would be £310 for the whole term (to the end of July), so more like £20 weekly. For age 16 - 18 it would be c.£386. A whole academic year ticket would be proportionately cheaper, but is not available to buy at this point in the school year.

If you want to pay 'full whack' for your child's season ticket instead, however,please feel free :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MrCat

Post by MrCat »

Thanks for the information.

I was just pointing out at the discrepancies between the prices quoted over the phone and the one I found on the C2C website. If a cheaper alternative exist that is certainly welcome.

One question though. If I want to use C2C do I still use the same link you provided (i.e. Abelio Greater Anglia)?

Thanks
tian

Post by tian »

MrCat wrote:Hi,

£ 30.15 weekly
£ 115.80 monthly
£ 1206 annual

£ 36.35 weekly
£ 139.60 monthly
£ 1454 annual

Hi
I apologise the delay in replying. U are absolutely right. This morning I called back because it wa looking weird 279pm and the guy was completely wrong about it. The lady confirmed to me the fares u wrote it. This is very thank u very much for reasonable. 279 is for an adult. I told him 3 times he is a 11.
Thank u very much for taking your time in checking.
tian

Post by tian »

MrCat wrote:Thanks for the information.

I was just pointing out at the discrepancies between the prices quoted over the phone and the one I found on the C2C website. If a cheaper alternative exist that is certainly welcome.

One question though. If I want to use C2C do I still use the same link you provided (i.e. Abelio Greater Anglia)?

Thanks
Hi, yes as I wrote below the guy gave me completely wrong info, in fact it didn't make any sense to me too these discrepancies.
This morning I called back and a lady confirmed to me the fares that MrCat wrote.
I think if u use greater anglia u cannot use C2C I may be wrong about it. I was thinking the same thing but westcliff has a kind of agreement with greater anglia.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Please - if you child is intending to travel by train to any of the Southend / Westcliff (and as far as I can remember, Chelmsford or Colchester) grammar schools, just follow the link I have already posted. Yes, it does come under the umbrella of Abellio Greater Anglia, but no, you are not restricted to stations on that line. The Scholars Season Tickets are a separate set-up, dependent on your school being part of the scheme. So for SHSG, for example, you can use just c2c from a station on that line to Southend East, or you can use Greater Anglia to Southend Victoria and have a 'PlusBus' add-on to cover the journey from the station to the school. Just go to the website and play with the options. They are rather restricted at this stage in the school year.I but the full range become available again at some time in August for the next academic year.

One thing you can do in advance, though, is get your child a photocard, as you need this to order the rail ticket when the time comes :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

ToadMum wrote:Please - if you child is intending to travel by train to any of the Southend / Westcliff (and as far as I can remember, Chelmsford or Colchester) grammar schools, just follow the link I have already posted. Yes, it does come under the umbrella of Abellio Greater Anglia, but no, you are not restricted to stations on that line. The Scholars Season Tickets are a separate set-up, dependent on your school being part of the scheme. So for SHSG, for example, you can use just c2c from a station on that line to Southend East, or you can use Greater Anglia to Southend Victoria and have a 'PlusBus' add-on to cover the journey from the station to the school. Just go to the website and play with the options. They are rather restricted at this stage in the school year.I but the full range become available again at some time in August for the next academic year.

One thing you can do in advance, though, is get your child a photocard, as you need this to order the rail ticket when the time comes :) .
Hi Toadmum,
thank you very much for the info. I don't know if I read somewhere that is it possibile to do the plusbus with the c2c too? Do I need to call the school for the C2c and ask for the scheme considering that he goes to shsb?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yes, you can add PlusBus to the package for c2c. According to the Green Rail Travel site, the cost for 3 months is £61.50 (this fare is not discounted, unfortunately).
tian

Post by tian »

ToadMum wrote:Yes, you can add PlusBus to the package for c2c. According to the Green Rail Travel site, the cost for 3 months is £61.50 (this fare is not discounted, unfortunately).
Thank you very much ToadMum.