Terrible Mock Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ashtara

Re: Terrible Mock Results

Post by Ashtara »

Thanks for all your comments/thoughts.

After much soul searching and discussion with my son, we have decided to persevere.
We have done some mini tests and papers. Every time he gets way more than the mock.

As long as he wants to still do it, at this late stage in the day,I am just going to let him carry on.
Ashtara

Post by Ashtara »

We finally did the CSSE familiarisation paper (thought best to leave as late as possible).

Did it under strict time rules and he got 53/60 in maths and 34/60 in English (although I did have to guess what he would get for his creative writing as hard to mark that section).

Based on last year's standardised scoring that would give him a score of 338 so within spitting distance of where he wants to be

Fingers crossed for a good result on the day me thinks.
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

Good luck. I'm a firm believer in Mock exams so they realise the stress, uncomfortableness and general exam feels before test day. Good luck and although hard, make sure your son is resting enough/playing about
and not getting brain overload - easier said than done I know :roll:
Ashtara

Post by Ashtara »

Thanks guys.

For now we are concentrating on getting his English up a bit with some CGP 10 minute comprehension tests.

It's his birthday on 11th September so we have told him no more 11 plus from 11th to the day of the exam.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now