Harris Academy Chafford Hundred - Admission Criteria,Reviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
positive_vibes

Harris Academy Chafford Hundred - Admission Criteria,Reviews

Post by positive_vibes »

Hi All helpful parents,

Does anyone have any information about Harris Academy in Chafford Hundred?

I am interested to know admission criteria and reviews

I see this school quite high on the league tables, even higher than WHSG

Not sure if this is the right parameter, I mean league table positions.

Any advise would be very welcome.
pushymother

Re: Harris Academy Chafford Hundred - Admission Criteria,Rev

Post by pushymother »

positive_vibes wrote:Hi All helpful parents,

Does anyone have any information about Harris Academy in Chafford Hundred?

I am interested to know admission criteria and reviews

I see this school quite high on the league tables, even higher than WHSG

Not sure if this is the right parameter, I mean league table positions.

Any advise would be very welcome.
They have a high progress 8 result, that means from year 7 they have great improvement from entry baseline to GCSE but actual GCSE results follow:

Harris had 53% of students achieved grade 5(C+) or higher in English and Maths GCSE 2017

WHSG had 95% of students achieve grade 5 or higher in English and Maths GCSE 2017 (the results are provisional on the website)

SHSG had 98% of students achieve grade 5 or higher in English and Maths GCSE 2017 (the results are also provisional)

https://www.compare-school-performance. ... =secondary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Didn't you previously post asking for travel options from Rayleigh? Are you asking about Harris Chafford Hundred for a friend? I can't see that there is any way that your DC would get a place at a Thurrock comprehensive school from Rayleigh, unless you were a member of staff. The 'distance from school' criterion, for all but the most undesirable, undersubscribed, school, will amount to 'somewhere in Thurrock'.

Are you thinking ahead to universities and thinking your DC would get a contextual offer if they had attended a comp in Thurrock, rather than a grammar school in Essex / Southend?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
positive_vibes

Post by positive_vibes »

ToadMum wrote:Didn't you previously post asking for travel options from Rayleigh? Are you asking about Harris Chafford Hundred for a friend? I can't see that there is any way that your DC would get a place at a Thurrock comprehensive school from Rayleigh, unless you were a member of staff. The 'distance from school' criterion, for all but the most undesirable, undersubscribed, school, will amount to 'somewhere in Thurrock'.

Are you thinking ahead to universities and thinking your DC would get a contextual offer if they had attended a comp in Thurrock, rather than a grammar school in Essex / Southend?
Hey Toadmum,

It is for a friend's DC, they are not in catchment for Southend. She mentioned and I was surprised to see that in Essex schools, Harris Academy was quite high on league tables. Now, I understand a bit more.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now