Advice on test centres in Essex

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aidvey21

Advice on test centres in Essex

Post by Aidvey21 »

Hi, would anyone have any advice/tips on selecting a test centre to do the 11+? We don’t live particularly near to any of the schools but would like somewhere which has good parking. My initial thought is to book one of the less popular schools such as St Thomas or Shoeburyness as it may be less busy, and calmer perhaps... Anyone have experience at either at these schools please?

Thank you!
EasterMum

Re: Advice on test centres in Essex

Post by EasterMum »

There is limited parking at Westcliff and Thomas More as they are practically opposite each other (as well as Westcliff Girls) so 3 schools using the same roads for parking. Southend Boys is a bit further along the road but again, limited parking.

I've registered my dd for Shoebury as it will be hopefully a bit quieter so hopefully parking won't be so much of a challenge.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SHSB is easy walking distance from Prittlewell station - if the weather's good, Priory Park is a nice place to to while away a couple of hours :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

ToadMum wrote:SHSB is easy walking distance from Prittlewell station - if the weather's good, Priory Park is a nice place to to while away a couple of hours :).
You mean, stress for a couple of hours :wink: