IC places for SHSB and WHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: IC places for SHSB and WHSB

Post by ToadMum »

Essexdaddy wrote:Thank you Toadmum. I didn't realise I could change my submission. I will check it out, but it seems risky.
I must admit that it wasn't a totally serious suggestion,, but in theory, it could be the outcome. After national offer day, you will be able to make what is essentially a late application for WHSG, if you get CCHS but have moved to Southend. In the meantime, if you do move but are still 'stuck' with the CCHS place at the beginning of September, the 4 main ways of getting to the school that I can think of are:

- Direct bus from a stop on the Arrow Taxis route 3 (leaves Southend travel centre at c.06.40, runs via London Road to Chalkwell Park then Leigh Road, Leigh Broadway, Hadleigh Road to rejoin London Rd a d onwards via Hadleigh, Rayleigh and at least one Hanningfield, but it is usually very reliable)
- Train from a Southend Victoria line station to Chelmsford, changing at Shenfield
- Train from a C2C station to Basildon, then get the X10 or the number 100 bus.
- Direct bus X30 (runs from Southend travel centre, but restricted stopping points).

I'm pretty certain you wouldn't have to wait that long for a WHSG place, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Essexdaddy

Re: IC places for SHSB and WHSB

Post by Essexdaddy »

Thank you. That's a very good and detailed info. The train thru Shenfield option seems like a good one for me, but it will be alot of travel for my DD. I really don't know what to do. My DD really dedicated time for her 11+ and I don't want to ruin it for her, but moving is important.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now