Missing secondary school admission closing date.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stateschooled

Re: Missing secondary school admission closing date.

Post by Stateschooled »

Emad, I am aware that admissions are very strict with late applications. Your sons score is very good and I am sure that he will be high in the Colchester Grammar waiting list on the 2nd March. Last year I am aware that there were at least 15 people that were offered places at CRGS with the lowest score being around 341.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I am sorry to hear about this, But I don't think forgetting to press the submit button on your application counts as an extreme circumstance.

All CAF form applications in the UK close at midnight on 31st October.

The best thing to do now is to make a late application and you will join the waiting list in March.

You must have managed to press the submit button when you applied to sit the tests.

I know of parents who forgot to do this for the tests and their students were not able to sit the tests.

There is no late application at all to sit the tests. If you miss the deadline you do not sit the tests.

So you are fortunate that late applications for the school places exist.

My recommendation would be to always use a computer, not a phone when making important applications.

It is a lot easier to see a form on a computer than a phone.

Make the late application and then you can put it behind you until March. DG
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

* not ALL applications close at midnight on Oct 31st, DG....some, like Bucks are earlier - I think Bucks is 3pm, for example.
emadalsuhaily

Post by emadalsuhaily »

Many thanks to all of you.

I and my wife are absolutely destroyed.

Just thinking if we say that just left it close to 23:59 on 31st October. Just 15 minutes before that closing time we have submitted the forms and we waited for confirmation email but we have not received it.

Could we say that there might be a fault from their side.

KR
Emad
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:* not ALL applications close at midnight on Oct 31st, DG....some, like Bucks are earlier - I think Bucks is 3pm, for example.
Yes it is.

Emad, I think you have to accept that you made a mistake, they will be able to track what you did on their system. Submit it & try to out it out of your mind. If you ever gave to do it again don't do it on your phone & don't leave it until the last minute.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I would just be honest. Your school list is complete and on the system and you only fell at the final hurdle by failing to press submit. Contact the LA on Monday and they may be sympathetic. I’m fairly certain they will be able to detect if their system is at fault.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Please don't do this.

You just need to accept what has happened and move past it.

You cannot pretend to have submitted the form when you did not.

You cannot try and pretend there was a fault on their side when there was not.

Their technology is designed to track when you are on the system.

You made a mistake.

I know parents who did this for the tests and were sure they did send it and they just did not know they needed a confirmation.

The first they knew they had not was when they did not get a time for the test.

Despite all their pleas and protestations and appeals to the school their dc were not allowed to take the test.

Your son has a test score which will be considered off the waiting list in March.

Focus on the late application.

His scores are strong.

DG
MissMo

Post by MissMo »

Just make a submission immediately. I heard that sometimes there is an unofficial grace period - so it’s worth a try. Worst case, your child will be top of the waiting list.
emadalsuhaily

Post by emadalsuhaily »

Hello MissMo

How do I submit it. It does not allow me to do that.

Thanks
KR
Emad
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Just suck it up and accept its a late admission.

Why do people leave it so late? With my daughter I applied first day I could and reviewed the day before deadline to check it had gone.

This group makes me feel like everyone is pained with indecision right up to 2359 on 31st October which is a daft way to be. How do you live and work if you need to the very end of a deadline to make a straight forward choice?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now