Glos Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I am not sure about filling places via waiting list/appeal, hopefully somebody with better knowledge will be along to advise on that. However I do know that the current year 8s at Crypt are full, and my DS seems to think over PAN (is that the correct term?)...I would be surprised if there were unallocated spaces once the year starts in September as I am sure the school would do all possible to fill them.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

This is what happened at Crypt 2 years ago.
The pass mark was 107,DS scored 108.5 and got offered a place on allocations day.All boys who wanted a place and passed got a place.This
left spare places,and the school wrote to parents of boys who had just missed the qualifying score by a mark or two.they then filled their places-not all boys who missed the qualifying score got a place though-i remember a friend who got a letter and was then disappointed to not get a place.This all happened after March 1st.

I don't know if this was the case last year or if that year was a one off.The school do their own appeals.

Burneth-is there anything else that you can remember from our year??
GM
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

Mmmmmmm - interesting! So if I could just ask everybody not to accept their places at The Crypt the school may eventually be so desperate they will offer us a place :lol:
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

gloucestermum wrote:This is what happened at Crypt 2 years ago.
The pass mark was 107,DS scored 108.5 and got offered a place on allocations day.All boys who wanted a place and passed got a place.This
left spare places,and the school wrote to parents of boys who had just missed the qualifying score by a mark or two.they then filled their places-not all boys who missed the qualifying score got a place though-i remember a friend who got a letter and was then disappointed to not get a place.This all happened after March 1st.

I don't know if this was the case last year or if that year was a one off.The school do their own appeals.

Burneth-is there anything else that you can remember from our year??
GM
I think you have covered it perfectly....I would definitely recommend appealing, like GM said they handle their own appeals and from memory I think they set another test.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
daisydoo

help please

Post by daisydoo »

Great support on site - have been a lurker but need advice. My DD scored 205 for RH. I found out three days later that she needed glasses. Can I/should I appeal on medical grounds?
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi Daisy!

Oh yes I should say so. It is best to put RH first on the application for Dec 4th and then if she does not get it you are in a position to appeal. If you do not put it down you cannot appeal.

Gather all evidence, letter/optician prescription etc. and get yourself logged onto the appeals forum, so much info.

Will see you Monday for a chat hun
Stay strong!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Well done to all who qualified!

I feel for those that did not get the results they hoped. Good luck with the next phase, you are surrounded with support.

Mitasol X
quacks

Post by quacks »

Pate’s Score 230 ( not in top 160 )
Denmark Road Score 223 ( 1st test 113, 2nd Test 110)
Ribston Hall 234 ( 1st test 119, 2nd test 115 )
Stroud High No score given but ranked in the top 120

We were advised to apply to all because this then gave our headmaster the ability to put each result in context not only for our daughter but for all the other children. So a score 10 below the entry mark for Pates (240) is equivalent 223 for Denmark Road although a friend also had the same Pates Mark of 230 and it gave a result of 225 so it is not entirely clear how that worked maybe something to do with age related corrections.

I am uncertain whether this should be good enough to get in to DM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now