gender split Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

We are visiting on Thursday too, will be DS's first sight of Pates hope he likes it Marling is our second choice.
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

Is anyone not going to take their place at Pate's????? :?

DD is ranked 144 so just want to see if we have a realistic chance of getting a place
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

would be really interested to hear the response mine is 126
Milla

Post by Milla »

I PM'd you earlier, btw - go to the bottom of the page and click on "you have X messages"
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I will see everyone on Thursday at Pates. I wonder how many people will be there?
Milla

Post by Milla »

that was what it was about Ciren mum!!
I don't think the others from school are going. One waiting list child is going next week. They hadn't even been to the open evening as so sure he wouldn't get in. Did the score sharing thing but were hoping for Tommy's. Pate's better for travelling to. A consideration when everyone in the family needs to be at a different place for before 9 in the morning.
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Milla I did try to reply to your message but don't know if it went through. I have not quite got the hang of the PMs yet. Sometimes I submit and it doesnt seem to show in the outbox or sent items.

See you there.
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

My daughter is in year 9 now. She absolutely loves it. It attracts high achievers in all areas from maths to music. Drama is fab, so is sport and art. Cannot fault it. It does take a little bit of adjusting to in year 7 when they give quite a lot of homework. Also class sizes are large at 30 pupils, so for some this may be a shock.

Do not believe all the hype about a hot house. It really is not. Just a really great FREE school with great results because they are highly selective.
Milla

Post by Milla »

my son's used to up to 35 in a class so 30 sounds quite nice!
gloucsdad

class sizes

Post by gloucsdad »

The classes at the start are in tutor grtoups / houses so that really hepls students settle in ad become part of their house - they are with them all day.

Then by year 9 they will be in small er classes - between 14 and 25 for GCSE and the A level classes go up to about 16,I think, but the Head says the average size is about 10 in teh 6th form.

Totally agree with the person who said it isnt a hot house - my feedback about teh school has been the opposite - barealy a week goes by without a whole raft of clubs, activities etc etc

There are other great schools, I guess, but Pate's is certainly one of them
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now