2010 Entry Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
allovernow

Re: Pates waiting list

Post by allovernow »

capers123 wrote: I'd heard a rumour that they may be down to 132 or 134 now.
Anyone got an update on the Pates waiting list ? I'd imagine there'll be no real news until after March 15th ...
capers123

Post by capers123 »

pixiequeen wrote:Thanks for the info. Capers. We are out of catchment for TK and although we have not actually looked round either school, do feel that Archway (which we are in catchment for) would probably be better for our DD1 if she doesn't pass the grammar school exam as it seems much more drama/art orientated.
That's indeed why Archway tends to be our 1st non-grammar choice. Although TK does do drama & arts, and the teachers are dedicated members of staff, it just felt that there were less resources allocated to those departments (the music room felt quite sad to me). It is always worth a look round at all the possible schools, to satisfy yourself that you're making the best possible decisions - I went on my own in Y5, then took DD1 round the more likely choices in Y6 for her to make an informed choice, which happened to coincide with ours.
I am concerned for some of DD's friends who seem to be assuming they will get TK next year (for some reason TK and Deerpark seem to be favourites at DD's school, even though we are all out of catchement for Deerpark) but are actually on the very edge of the catchment area.
Both have good reputations. With Deerpark, we decided that any benefits the school may have over others were not worth the extra travelling.
I'm not keen to get into a 'which school is your child going to' conversation as I think mine might be the only one sitting the grammar school exam this year but I think DD's friends parents need to know how good/bad their chances are!

Does any one know if it's possible to obtain more accurate figures about how far out geographically places were offered this year?
Only by asking the schools - worth asking just before the start of appeals, as appeals may let others in where the distance isn't necessarily the deciding factor. Playground rumour says that there were children in Burleigh who didn't get TK (unless they had siblings at the school).
Capers