Letters arriving today (Monday 28th)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

turtleglos

Re: Letters arriving today (Monday 28th)

Post by turtleglos »

Hi Guys, sorry I havent been around was with MIL for the weekend to calm our nerves.
Ds1 was 138 for Pates and top 120 for Marling.
He has been offered .............
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

PATES????
PATES?????????? :D

it is isnt it???(please remember Im a sleep deprived numpty)

woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO PLEASED FOR YOU ALL!!
See you there!
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

:D Thank you.
Thanks to everyone for your support you all know who you are and I promise to stop asking you questions about appeal now Capers.
Congratulations to everyone who got the result that you wanted and to those who may not have done I really hope that things work out for you.
I am off for a good cry now. Still cant quite believe it.
See you there muminTewkes.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

212 didn't get HSFG does anyone know how low it went?
Tessiebear

Post by Tessiebear »

Wonderful news turtleglos!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Very pleased your son has got in after all your troubles.

You and muminTewkes must meet up for a double celebration as so nice that not just one but both of you made it! :D :D
Tessiebear

Post by Tessiebear »

Does anyone know whether Ribston has gone down to 210 for a friend please?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

turtleglos wrote:Thanks to everyone for your support you all know who you are and I promise to stop asking you questions about appeal now Capers.
No - feel free to ask away. I don't mind :D

The 136 is quite interesting. It means that at least 16 children children with higher scores have not put Pate's as first choice.

Some will have used it as leverage to 'Go Private', but I suspect that many have just decided either that distance is important (wth rising fuel prices), and so have stuck with the local grammar, or that the local school would just suit their individual child better, as each school has its own personality. I remember choosing a mixed grammar 9 miles from home over my local single sex one, even though the latter had a better academic reputation.

They'll all have a hoot of a time, no doubt.
Capers
Tessiebear

Post by Tessiebear »

Have just rung Ribston and spoken to a lovely lady (as they all seemed to be there when we visited!) in admissions who has said they are NOT full so that must mean anyone who passed and asked for a place is in!

Also for those trying to appeal good news as some places are available although she did say they didn't have to be full.

So good luck! :D
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Tessiebear wrote:Also for those trying to appeal good news as some places are available although she did say they didn't have to be full.
Of course, the appeals panel would have to be convinced by the parents that the children were of grammar school ability - ie there have to be some mitigating circumstances as to why the child didn't pass the test. But to offset that, it will also depend on the strength of the school case. The panel doesn't have to allow any of the appeals, but as I understand it, for the last few years they have allowed some. A different year, a different panel!
Capers
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

Congratulations to all of you and your kids.
Especially to those who had particularly nail-biting (which incidentally has been corrected by spell check as not a true compound word :D ) waits.
My DS1 got Pates and we are very very happy :D :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now