Child having a wobble

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
turtleglos

Re: Child having a wobble

Post by turtleglos »

My ds will also be in uniform, royal blue jumper, small(I think thats how he sneaked in), big smile, (I guess there may be a few more with that one :lol: ). He also has no questions. Mine will be how soon we can start organising transport as the bus is already taking bookings and I would rather use that as my last resort(unless it leaves Pate's at 5pm :roll: .
We will try not to be late this time :wink:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ds1 and I had a great morning at Pate's today. It was fantastic meeting muminTewkes and liviloo. I hope that everyone else enjoyed it also. Ds1 particularly enjoyed the biscuits that the staff kept making him eat! :lol: He also said that the other dc's seemed nice and he can't wait to go again(april fair). I still can't quite believe it, however it is amazing to see him smile again.
Liviloo, I hope that your ds is a little happier about the prospect of making new friends now, I know that my ds1 is.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Yes..It was brilliant :D

DS1 hasnt took the smile off his face since-and he's not easily impressed :wink:

I still pinched myself walking round,so nice to know that's where they'll be,instead of trying not to get too excited about something that might not happen.

Mr.Fenton..well,I think I may love him,just a little :lol:
Everyone made us so welcome and it was fabulous for DS1 to feel he "fitted"at last!
Lovely to see you both too.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

Yes it was lovely to meet you both and we saw another familiar face there too. My Ds is so much happier having been to visit on a calmer day. The last and only time he entered the building other than for the test was on the July open evening and although I wasn't with him I heard it was very chaotic, sorry busy and vibrant :wink:
He is much happier and now really does believe that he will be among many, surely the majority, who will be going either alone or in 2s from their schools.
We will also be going to the April fair.
I am still pinching myself....
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

It's so good to hear such poisitive feedback about your DCs - I hope they all feel a bit more settled and, more importantly, proud of their achievement. If their experience at Pate's goes as well as my DD's has (yr7) then they (and you!) won't look back. :D

And believe me, I'm still pinching myself (and OH!!) especially after first parents evening recently!
Sooooo pleased for you all!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now