Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aargh

Re: Results?

Post by aargh »

Don't think I am giving the class my best this week. :( One of them asked if I was OK today because I looked sleepy! :oops: (not getting much) What a manic DT lesson we had this morning! Fortunately harvest festival practice all morning tomorrow - chaos chaos - to take my mind off it. Been looking at my brightest sparks and thinking about who might go for it next year. How to give them a head start. :P

DD seeming her usual calm self. Sent DH to parents evening alone tonight - lots of lovely praise for DD and DS. DD's teacher being very tactful and only discussing the test with DCs if they approach her for support. Very pleased she is being so sensitive and understanding with them this week.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Glos_Mum wrote: The wait is almost over people. Just need to keep ourselves occupied for the next two days... wine anyone?
Yes please - have a particulalry annoying chest infection which is driving me up the wall so wine very welcome. At least I am not at work trying to look occupied whilst my mind goes round in circles!
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

The late test is tomorrow. Good luck to all those sitting. A rush to get their scores marked and submitted by 0001hrs Saturday.
Last edited by Dixon on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Yes indeed, best of luck to all late-sitters! Hope the stress hasn't been concentrated into two days rather than a week for you - not sure I could cope :shock:

And loving the glitter, GM! And the optimistic 'hour-early' ........ altho not sure I'll sleep any better as a result. :(

Soooooo nearly there! (And so very glad there is no DD3 or 4 or 5!!!!!)
bombdabah

Post by bombdabah »

Glos_Mum wrote:
Hermanmunster - I had an email from Paul earlier in the week, and he was very helpful and friendly at that time. Judging by the time he answered mine and Rob's emails, I would say that the poor man needs to sleep for a week!
Tempted to ask for that Pauls email address, and write to him just to fulfil my curiosity about whether his state of mind has improved today - or rather gotten worse due to the stresses about his particular task (can’t be any easier for him, indeed he has to make sure that he sends the right score to the right parent).

Alas, no more DCs in Glos to take the test for me, so I shall be leaving this forum with a heavy heart, irrespective of DS’s score. I hope to log on occasionally and reminisce at these pages, reading new threads discussing the same questions and worries, just different usernames asking them.

I won’t be leaving the building entirely though, only migrating to my resident Redbridge (Essex) forum where step-DS will be sitting test next year. Having already taken a few peeks at that, there is not the same communal spirit, indeed only two or three people posted their scores last year prompting one parent to post scolding the selfishness of others in not wishing to share and help others in the same position as them in future years.

One question though, I got familiar with the concept of referring to ones child as DS or DD, and even saw one post referring to her partner as DH, but please extinguish one of life’s burning questions for me, what does the initial “D” in DS/DD refer to, I’m sure there is a sane reason for it, but my mind does wonder whether the trend started many years ago by a posters typo on a dodgy keyboard?
Bemily

Post by Bemily »

Darling or dear I believe :)
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Good question - I've always taken it to mean Dear or Darling. Not keen on it personally, but it's certainly easier to type. Good luck with the future and hope you shake the Essex forum up. It's nice I think to "talk" about other issues connected with the whole process rather than just the nitty gritty, as it can sometimes become a bit all-consuming.
bombdabah

Post by bombdabah »

Bemily wrote:Darling or dear I believe :)

Many thanks for answering that so soon. I was down the wrong school of thought as I had thought the “D” would translate to something to do with the eleven plus, e.g. applicant, entrant, candidate (was thinking of a similar word beginning with “D”)

Mystery solved :D ...but, I do agree with Stressed?Moi?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now