CEM Time warnings....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Octsmum

CEM Time warnings....

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

Please can anyone help me understand how the CEM time warning works in the actual exam? Are they just told 45 mins for the whole paper or is it split down into the different sections? Eg 15 Verbal, 10 Non VR, 20 Maths?
Are they also told when half time is over or 1 minute to go or does it vary by how short or long a section is?

Are there clocks in the room? Just bothered my DD will spend her time messing with a watch!

Really appreciate any pointers!

Thank you
capers123

Re: CEM Time warnings....

Post by capers123 »

I think they are given a time for each page. Once that time has elapsed, they must move on to the next page and are not allowed to go back. The timings are all on a CD, so exactly the same times are given in each room / school.

CEM decide how long each paper is and can change it as they feel, so there are no certainities. Expect the unexpected.
Capers
libreria

Post by libreria »

I asked this question to a Year 7 girl who showed us around on the Open Evening at SHS. She said there were no time warnings when she sat the test. However, my daughter did the test yesterday and she reported that there were (by CD) and that they were similar to the CGP mocks she had done (except they were my voice and the cooker timer!)
cazien

Post by cazien »

libreria wrote:I asked this question to a Year 7 girl who showed us around on the Open Evening at SHS. She said there were no time warnings when she sat the test. However, my daughter did the test yesterday and she reported that there were (by CD) and that they were similar to the CGP mocks she had done (except they were my voice and the cooker timer!)
Perhaps she forgot or was so engrossed in the test she erased it from her memory:lol:

As capers123 says, "The timings are all on a CD, so exactly the same times are given in each room / school".

My sons helped at the test and wanted to throw the CD out of the window at the end it - said they had never heard such a boring, monotonous voice :lol: :lol: