Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

onthefence

Re: Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Post by onthefence »

Amber wrote:That is all very well but no way is Crypt going to leave itself 25 under PAN because none of the appellants is supposedly 'the right standard'. They would lose funding for every one of those places.
Don't mean to stir up trouble but I have to agree with this. No school is going to willingly admit under PAN. Let's remember that the main reason almost all the grammar schools have increased PAN in the last few years is that school funding has gone down the swanny and many schools are facing having to do more with less funding in real terms. Not increasing PAN would almost certainly lead to a narrower set of subjects on offer. One could argue that increasing PAN at all will open any selective school up to the potential for lowering standards but the financial implications are such that this is deemed a risk worth taking. It's a nice problem for the selective schools to have, many of the non-selectives across the country would love to be in the position of having a way out of their funding pressures.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

RedMaple wrote:We have had an offer for Marling just now (DS was 10th on WL 2 weeks ago)! No need now to go to appeal there or at Crypt.
Can't wait to tell him. I knew there would be movement eventually, but I think GCC have done well to move it along speedily.

Thank you to everyone for their advice and supportive comments - having become slightly obsessed by this forum I will stick around and hopefully help others.
Congratulations RedMaple! Sounds like everything is moving efficiently along the chain.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Amber,
I’m not unconditionally happy with Crypt but I am happy. Some of your comments infer Crypt is inferior but it’s not just you. I’ve spoken to lots of people who follow the forum & the general consensus is that Crypt gets negative (both blatant & more inferred) comments. I’m just the one who’s stuck my head up to protest. I will say no more on the subject. :roll:
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

RedMaple wrote:We have had an offer for Marling just now (DS was 10th on WL 2 weeks ago)! No need now to go to appeal there or at Crypt.
Can't wait to tell him. I knew there would be movement eventually, but I think GCC have done well to move it along speedily.

Thank you to everyone for their advice and supportive comments - having become slightly obsessed by this forum I will stick around and hopefully help others.
Really pleased for your ds :)
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Well done, well done RM! Told you :) and so it should be. Champagne tonight? Xx
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Watermelon8 wrote:

Really pleased for your ds :)
Hope he's pleased:-)

May I ask what rank he was initially?? It will be interesting to see how the initial numbers have changed:-)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Watermelon8 wrote:Amber,
I’m not unconditionally happy with Crypt but I am happy. Some of your comments infer Crypt is inferior but it’s not just you. I’ve spoken to lots of people who follow the forum & the general consensus is that Crypt gets negative (both blatant & more inferred) comments. I’m just the one who’s stuck my head up to protest. I will say no more on the subject. :roll:
I'm sorry but I don't see that Crypt really get many more negative comments than any other place.. apart from this year, because of the alimighty ....... THEY have made if this years allocations... for ALL schools not just themselves or even the grammars..
RedMaple

Post by RedMaple »

Well done, well done RM! Told you :) and so it should be. Champagne tonight? Xx
Thank you Jaethel, Watermelon and stroudydad! Yes, definitely fizz of some sort in this household tonight and maybe a J20 for the boy...

Stroudydad - you may and I've also given dates of movement to help others in future.

March 1st: 19th on WL (375 was last ranking accepted)
April 3rd: After reconsideration: 10th on WL
May 1st: Offer

Jaethel - fingers crossed for your DD x
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Yes, lots of schools get virtually no comments! I think a large proportion of comments are made by a small number of posters. Interesting that we have no info on admissions for HSFG and very few commenters on some schools (at least that I have seen). Unsure whether that means that parents are disengaged or just chilled out about their choices.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

onthefence wrote:Yes, lots of schools get virtually no comments! I think a large proportion of comments are made by a small number of posters. Interesting that we have no info on admissions for HSFG and very few commenters on some schools (at least that I have seen). Unsure whether that means that parents are disengaged or just chilled out about their choices.
It very much depends on the year, there are usually a good number of HSFG comments, just not this year it seems:-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now