Differences between STRS, Crypt and Marling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DC17C

Re: Differences between STRS, Crypt and Marling?

Post by DC17C »

The biggest difference with Crypt is it being Co ed now...but my son was there until last year when he decided to move for sixth form...really only because he was not able to do his preferred A level choices had he stayed.
Pastoral support was fantastic when needed...ds had some ill health and SEN issues and was well supported. Sporty and less sporty kids seemed to be well catered for. Cross country definitely happens ...and there were a good range of clubs and activities, trips not sure about trampolining though.
GCSE options were pretty well as described for Tommie’s above
All these schools are very good and going for the most local is sensible where possible x
Both my children move to schools further away for sixth form and that has worked out well for them
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

Hi, my daughter says they do have a trampoline club at Crypt, it clashed with choir so she didn't join it though.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Capers123,
Thank you so much for all the music info, it's really helpful for my son and also his older sister. Great to hear that music is strong at Marling.

DC17C, Thank you for all the info on Crypt and thanks RayRay for confirming about trampoline!

I so appreciate all of you who have helped me on here with such great info. Thank you :)