Hands up if you’re not taking a place at Ribston!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
onthefence

Re: Hands up if you’re not taking a place at Ribston!

Post by onthefence »

On the upside, Cleeve has a brand spanking new glowing Ofsted report so it looks like your dd only has good options open to her.

Also not taking a Ribston place. Heading to SHS.
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

We are going to Ribston - hoping to see your DD there x
PompeyLil

Post by PompeyLil »

My DD got in comfortably at 447 last year. A few of her friends who have joined her were ranked considerably lower (well below 500). Ribston was initially her second choice after Denmark Road but I don't know whether that was due to the perceived kudos in terms of the qualifying standard needed to get a place (she didn't qualify for Denmark Road and thought that that meant she was "stupid" :roll: ). Still, we went to look at Ribston again after the results came out and decided that as far as second choices go, it's pretty good. She's been there now since September and loves it, feels very nurtured, loves the dancing in particular. I'm so happy that things turned out the way they did, although I'm sure Denmark Road is also lovely. Good luck, it's a long old wait!
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

So glad your daughter has settled in so well.
My daughter had a high qualifying score for DRHS but we both loved the feel of Ribston far more!
(And yes, some people are highly confused why we 'turned down' DRHS for Ribston)

In our opinion there's far more to school than those 'numbers' at the end of those 5 years.
PortIsaac68

Post by PortIsaac68 »

Same here. We just had a much better feel about Ribston and for us, it’s the whole experience that counts. Stats and league tables can only tell you so much.
poppy101

Post by poppy101 »

My daughter didn't want to take a place at Ribston, she decided against it. Felt it just wasn't for her. Good luck, will be thinking of you all, when the allocations come out.
magic16

Post by magic16 »

My DD is not going to Ribston. Hope yours get it - good luck!