Relocation to Gloucestershire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ozziemum

Re: Relocation to Gloucestershire

Post by ozziemum »

Hi Brackenboo. My son will be going to Pates next year. We live in Churchdown. He will be getting the number 94 bus from Churchdown which goes close to Pates. Probably a 5 min walk from our home to bus stop, 10- 15 mins on bus depending on traffic, then 15 min walk to Pates. Houses in Churchdown are cheaper than cheltenham, maybe a little more than Longlevens which is also on the 94 bus route before Churchdown, so add 5 mins to bus journey. Houses - loads of new houses being built right now on Pirton Fields , a new development in Churchdown. lots 3 and 4 beds selling from several builders all on rightmove. Established 4 bed houses in Churchdown sell also for approx £400, infact my neighbour is selling his!! So you should have no difficulty finding a house. Finding a primary school place may be difficult, and moving house can take months, so start looking now. try moving after Easter so you can get in year place before July 2022. Probably easier than getting a place in September 2022. Good luck
ozziemum

Post by ozziemum »

Hi Snow, Sorry my last post meant for you. And Ironman. Roadworks on the A40 and arle court roundabout delay number 94 bus at present. But roadworks should be finished by Sept 2022. bus 94 stops by Pirton Fields housing development.
Snow123

Post by Snow123 »

ozziemum wrote:Hi Snow, Sorry my last post meant for you. And Ironman. Roadworks on the A40 and arle court roundabout delay number 94 bus at present. But roadworks should be finished by Sept 2022. bus 94 stops by Pirton Fields housing development.
Thank you so much, Ozziemum. very helpful and useful information. In fact we have been looking in the past couple of weeks at the churchdown and longleven areas as we thought it's within good distance both ways (Pates and the other Grammar Schools). We noticed there are quite a few new developments and will definitely book some appts to go have a wonder around.

just wondering if the pates school bus go passes these areas at all or are they too close to the school so they don't come this way?

Thank you again.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Snow123 wrote:
ozziemum wrote:Hi Snow, Sorry my last post meant for you. And Ironman. Roadworks on the A40 and arle court roundabout delay number 94 bus at present. But roadworks should be finished by Sept 2022. bus 94 stops by Pirton Fields housing development.
Thank you so much, Ozziemum. very helpful and useful information. In fact we have been looking in the past couple of weeks at the churchdown and longleven areas as we thought it's within good distance both ways (Pates and the other Grammar Schools). We noticed there are quite a few new developments and will definitely book some appts to go have a wonder around.

just wondering if the pates school bus go passes these areas at all or are they too close to the school so they don't come this way?

Thank you again.
I think Bennetts Coaches picks up at stops along Estcourt Road/Tewkesbury Road/Longford Lane/Church Road/Cheltenham Road Bus Stop(Nr Nine Elms Road). There are a number of companies who provide school busses to Pates (should be on their website) and public transport runs frequently.
Snow123

Post by Snow123 »

cazien wrote: I think Bennetts Coaches picks up at stops along Estcourt Road/Tewkesbury Road/Longford Lane/Church Road/Cheltenham Road Bus Stop(Nr Nine Elms Road). There are a number of companies who provide school busses to Pates (should be on their website) and public transport runs frequently.
Thank you so much! I'll go on their website and have a look.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now