3 weeks TODAY!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Guest55 wrote:Great to see you Burneth -

Isn't it amazing that your son and gloucestermum's son are in the same form :lol:
They were drinking partners at the Hotel Bar :lol: :lol:
(Gloucestermum and Burneth, not their sons)

Check in more often, Burneth!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

laid back son worried mum wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Great to see you Burneth -

Isn't it amazing that your son and gloucestermum's son are in the same form :lol:
They were drinking partners at the Hotel Bar :lol: :lol:
(Gloucestermum and Burneth, not their sons)

Check in more often, Burneth!
The boys ending up in the form must have been destiny...my DS always refers to Gloucestermum as the "11+ forum lady" lol!!

Hi Guest55 and LBS - I am always lurking...will make the effort to make my presence known in the future...it's so nice to be remembered :lol: :lol:

As for the anxious parents waiting for their allocations, I know exactly what you are going through - hang in there, the wait is almost over - perhaps a countdown is in order?

Take care all

B

xx
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

What a wonderful coincidence.

Strangely something simular could happen to my son in that if he gets the school he wants he will end up in the same school as Milla's DS and I know her from the very first forum I used on the internet, we have never met.

It is that unreal situation of knowing someone and not knowing them. Also our DS2's, all going well, could end up in the same year group.

Oh well still busy crossing things. I did think about a count down Burneth but not many people seem to be around at the mo, it all went quiet after the initial result frenzy. Perhaps it will warm up closer to the day or allocation night.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Must admit I was revving up to ask who else here was a Y7 parent at Tommy's?? And yes, Tolstoy, we might yet meet at a Parental Information thing, June 2010, (fingers crossed to the point of arthritis)
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

fingers crossed to the point of arthritis)
Yes I should hope so :lol: !
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milla

Post by Milla »

allocations day IS my birthday so am so pleased to be off the treadmill this year, although still feeling incredibly nervous for everybody else. Mad, huh? and this coming year, when once again we get back on the treadmill, the test results for DS2 come out on ... HIS birthday. Can't wait.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

....and I thought I had it tough because mine always clashes with Summer fete's. Who wants to spend birthday stuck on a blooming stall :(

So is anyone cabable of putting up one of those count down thingies for this week?

Also can someone confirm is it 12 midnight Sunday we need to be logging on or Monday? I assume the letter won't arrive until Tuesday.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I don't know about logging in because I wasn't cluey enough to get sussed and do that last year but, the letter DID arrive on the Monday...
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks, Milla, it was what I was hoping but didn't want to have DH pinned to the computer until 12 only to find out I'd got it wrong :oops: .

It is quite wierd situation because although we are more or less certain he has scored high enough to get the school we have put top it will be just so nice to have it confirmed in black and white.

At the mo whenever anyone asks where he is going we have to go into this long winded explanation on the whole complicated procedure :roll: . Even I'm bored by the time I get to the end and to think I have it all to look forward to again next year :roll: :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now