Which comes first - the e-mail or the eadmissions info?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
happyqueen

Re: Which comes first - the e-mail or the eadmissions info?

Post by happyqueen »

Wishing you all good luck for tomorrow.

Happyqueen
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Hi Charl39,

What school's are you looking at for ds? St M's and Finchley Boys have a strong link, but I guess that you are going after QE and Latymer?
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Hi 2Girlsmum

I will PM you. And I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow.
Charl39
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

I too have checked by e-mail from Herts last year and it was timed at 18:07, however, this did not come into my inbox until after 21:00. I learnt of my DD's allocation on the Herts website at about 20:00.

I wish everyone the very best of luck tomorrow. I would also like to re-iterate some of the comments from other forum users who have experienced the process in previous years. If you do not get exactly what you want tomorrow i.e. your first choice, do not dispair. It is important to accept the place you are offered first(otherwise you may lose this) and then consider your options regarding continued interest and appeal. The CI lists do move significantly (especially upto Easter) but you do need to be realistic with your chances and also consider other schools you may not have originally listed on your CAF but you now feel maybe a preferred choice compared to your allocated school.

e.g. You may have only listed the schools that have the highest academic entry criteria (e.g. Parmiters, WGS etc) on the CAF and although your DC may not have scored high enough on the consortium test for these schools they may have exceeded the qualifying score for a place at one of the other consortium schools that select on academic ability [check out WPs sticky at the top of the Herts forum] e.g. SCD, Rickmansworth, Queens' . You could then consider the CI list for these schools.

Many of us who found such help and support from the forum last year will be on hand to answer your questions either about the process or about schools. We have now had a term and a half experience of our allocated secondary schools and can let you know what it is really like (not just the playground gossip).

With the very best of luck
BBF
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

say for instance we do not get parimeters or wg how do you find out if you are on a waiting list for these 2
many thanks
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

You are automatically placed on waiting lists for schools which are higher preference on your form. It's an idea to check where you are on the list as it will give you an idea of your chances.
ricke

Post by ricke »

Wishing everyone the best of luck today !!!!!

Regards

Ricke
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Wishing everyone good news today.

For those that don't get the news they are hoping for I just want to iterate BusyBeenFun's comments that there are lots of people on this forum with past experience of the process that will help you through the next stage of your journey.

All the best
Alison
kuma

Post by kuma »

Best of luck for everyone!!!!
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

The link below is an article published on The Watford observer website this morning. I just thought it would be helpful to most of you.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/8 ... _revealed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck everyone. I look forward to reading some great news later!!
xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now