CI list emails today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
prod

Re: CI list emails today?

Post by prod »

Yes, I have Parmiter's from 8th in their waiting list, so the list has moved by a minimum 8 positions for them.
parm

Post by parm »

Thanks as I am on the same score 253 but CI is 11 due to distance. I can just hope for best as DD is in waiting list for all schools HBS, DAO, Parmiters and Mill Hill
fluffybudgie

Post by fluffybudgie »

Sorry to be dense but please can you confirm if you actually received an email from Hertfordshire about the parmiter's place? Thank you, and well done on getting a place.
Endofwait

Post by Endofwait »

Hi,

I have just joined the forum to help ( if I can ) relieve some stress off parents going thru the same agonising wait that we went thru in the last couple of weeks .

We were Number 2 ( inner catchment ) waiting list for Watford Boys Grammar, just got the place at 17.15. The portal was updated before the email came thru .

For Parmiter's we were Number 1 in waiting list but as we got our first choice the place we had, I guess became free and from previous forum posts , Number 2 had already opted out. Hence I think Parmiter's list has moved a bit more .

However good luck to all those who are still waiting. With QE boys not releasing their list yet I would say the Boys grammar list has still got a good chance to move further down.
prod

Post by prod »

I actually saw it on the portal first and received an email a bit later as well. You are not being dense, I think they would save themselves a lot of phone calls and emails if they made the portal a bit clearer...
Nearlytimetopanic

Post by Nearlytimetopanic »

prod Congratulations to your DS! It's great to know that Parmiters list has moved that much & also good news for the child who has been given his place at Rickmansworth.

Has anyone received a place yet at Watford Girls (inner or outer areas)?
Last edited by Nearlytimetopanic on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
prod

Post by prod »

Endofwait thank you for the update! That makes us 2nd on Watford list, and perhaps another space close to opening in Parmiter's :-)
fluffybudgie

Post by fluffybudgie »

In a worryingly obsessive way I have been trying to find out the pattern of movement in previous year CI lists and how far they usually move (although this year does not appear to be following any previous years so far). Does anyone know if there is usually more movement in the next round for the consortium schools than in the first round, or should we go quietly and give up now? It sounds like Parmiters has moved to at least 9 or 10 on the waiting list (is this usual?), but QE has not yet sent out any more offers so it may move more after this? Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer, and clutching at straws........
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

All i can say is last year WGSG inner academic list we moved from 11th to 3rd on first run, and then got a place on the 2nd run. but as you say this year is not at all typical
tofindout

Post by tofindout »

I am not clear how the CI list works. But I imagined the different LAs should have exchanged information by now regarding who have accepted/ declined places cross-counties. So although QE hasn't released its CI movements yet, won't Barnet Council has informed HCC who from Herts have been accepted by QE, hence releasing a school place from SW Herts for example, before HCC sent the first run CI list out?

Does anyone know how long does the first run CI list last? Or is it just one day e.g. Friday for those registered emails with HCC? Then the CI list is frozen again until the second CI list run?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now