Continued Interest list round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
watfordmum2018

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by watfordmum2018 »

MrJay wrote:
watfordmum2018 wrote:It was the academic my daughter was on MrJay. It was worth all the waiting and stress in the end.
Many thanks for your swift response watfordmum2018 ! I was hoping you were going to say you were early 20's on the distance list..... :(

Think I'm now resigned to the fact that we will miss out on Parmiters - DD seemed to have an off day when the test took place and was very emotional when we left her at the door to the test, so her academic mark just didn't hit the sweet spot unfortunately. We are early 30's on distance so need a miracle to receive any good news now.

Oh well, the upside is that we have a place at our 2nd choice school based on scraping through on the academic result so could be a lot worse - some of DD's school friends have been offered a place at Westfield which in all cases was not on their school choice list at all - not aware which schools they did choose though - just goes to show the importance of having the 4th choice school as a backstop / last resort selection or you could end up being allocated any school anywhere......

Good luck everyone !
Hello, I just checked my old emails and only have the data for March 1st until the end of March. Between those dates we moved up 7 places on the distance list for Parmiter's, and so it does move. I don't know how much later on but at least there is some history of movement. It's great that your 2nd choice school is good. Good luck with the waiting.
MrJay

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by MrJay »

watfordmum2018 wrote:
MrJay wrote:
watfordmum2018 wrote:It was the academic my daughter was on MrJay. It was worth all the waiting and stress in the end.
Many thanks for your swift response watfordmum2018 ! I was hoping you were going to say you were early 20's on the distance list..... :(

Think I'm now resigned to the fact that we will miss out on Parmiters - DD seemed to have an off day when the test took place and was very emotional when we left her at the door to the test, so her academic mark just didn't hit the sweet spot unfortunately. We are early 30's on distance so need a miracle to receive any good news now.

Oh well, the upside is that we have a place at our 2nd choice school based on scraping through on the academic result so could be a lot worse - some of DD's school friends have been offered a place at Westfield which in all cases was not on their school choice list at all - not aware which schools they did choose though - just goes to show the importance of having the 4th choice school as a backstop / last resort selection or you could end up being allocated any school anywhere......

Good luck everyone !
Hello, I just checked my old emails and only have the data for March 1st until the end of March. Between those dates we moved up 7 places on the distance list for Parmiter's, and so it does move. I don't know how much later on but at least there is some history of movement. It's great that your 2nd choice school is good. Good luck with the waiting.
Many thanks for that !! We shall just wait and see what happens...

Have actually found out that some of DD's school friends on March 1st were allocated NO SCHOOL !! Be interesting to see how that pans out.....they live in the Bedmond area. Didn't think it was possible for the council not to allocate any school, amazing. Hate to think what those parents are going through right now.