Number of Passes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
committed

Number of Passes

Post by committed »

Just seen this on another website...

11 Plus breaking news - of the 11,255 children who sat the Kent Test in September, 5,113 were assessed selective, roughly the same number as last year. However, the number of Kent children passing is down by 93 to 4,120, reflecting a lower number in the age group, whilst the number of out county children is up by 69 to 993.

There are 4,458 grammar school places in Kent, so if only Kent children were taking them up, there would be 338 spare places, nearly all in the East of the County. The great unknown is how many out of county children will take up Kent places, as many of them have multiple applications across different counties and Boroughs.

Good luck to those still waiting and congratulations and commiserations to those that already have their results.
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

Very interesting - where did you see this?
Peter

Post by Peter »

He who must not be named
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Peter wrote:He who must not be named
Nice to hear from you again. It's a two way process. Recall you using quotes and news from this site around about allocation time in March. :wink:
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

I wonder what the situation will be like for in-area children who want GS's in West Kent this year..? A bit of a bottle neck again I'm sure :roll:

Well done to those whose DC passed, and my thoughts go out to those who were less fortunate today..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now