Standard or Multiple Choice and Exam Times

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Villagedad

Re: Standard or Multiple Choice and Exam Times

Post by Villagedad »

bulu wrote:additional tips from Patricia

Did you do any NVR with your child in Year 4?
Hi bulu
I've been trying to find the tips page/s from Patricia as I recall there are excellent short-cuts and time saving ideas to pass on to our DC's - please could someone paste the link here. Thanks :)

With regards to NVR in year 4.., no not really just maybe the odd page here and there, more as a puzzle. I have heard people say that it is one of those subjects to introduce in year 5 as there are diminishing returns on actual tutoring on NVR and possibly VR too, so you don't want to start too early and turn them off. What do people think?

Kind regards
Villagedad
mystery

Post by mystery »

I hear that on VR doing some work quite early on is quite handy, particularly relating to codes, in order to build up speed. Like you, I imagine NVR is a bit more resistant to tutoring, but I don't really know.
bulu

Post by bulu »

Hi Villagedad,

Can't help with a link but do remember sitting with IPS Guide and pencil in hand reading the complete works of Patricia during the summer holidays before Year 5. I think her tips are scattered over years of postings. Patricia, you should publish!

Hehe Scarlett, I'm already planning my next sit-in at WHSmith. Going to hit the GCSE section. Like to be a few steps ahead!

Have learned that school have decided to teach VR and NVR in Year 4 so may do a little back-up work at home, as it looks likely they are going to be tested on it at the end of Year 4, along with the QCA tests. Gulp.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now