How close for a Headteacher to consider an appeal?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
didcot2002

Re: How close for a Headteacher to consider an appeal?

Post by didcot2002 »

Thanks to you all for the reassurance. Dd asleep which is a plus.

Wishing all dd/ds's good luck for tomorrow.

Scarlett..I have an uncle who always refers to himself as Dr when booking foreign hotels..gets loads of upgrades. So your dh will have to wear an old exam paper around his neck for the next 5-7 years - a small price to pay! :lol:
didcot2002

Post by didcot2002 »

dottie1974 wrote:Hi Didcot2002

If it is any consolation I have heard of quite a few children who found the VR paper tough today, my DD included and that is normally her strongest subject.

Also, try not to read too much into how dd thinks she did. When my dd took the test a few years ago, she came out of the maths paper and said it was easy but her results when they came through didn't show it was easy!!!

As far as I am aware there is no score a child has to achieve for the Head to appeal - if the head feels the child shoud have passed, is suitable for grammar, and they have enough academic evidence then they can appeal.

I hope tomorrow goes better for your dd.
Thank you dottie1974. I read your post to dd and she was reassured. VR is normally her strong subject too so I hadn't worked with her much on that, concentrated on NVR and Maths. Am now kicking myself!! Good luck for tomorrow :)
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

We`ve had tears here tonight ( just picked her up as I`ve been working) she thinks she did really badly in the maths paper and guessed at least 20 questions as she didn`t understand them..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I`m feeling quite sick.... :cry:
didcot2002

Post by didcot2002 »

U400JB9 wrote:We`ve had tears here tonight ( just picked her up as I`ve been working) she thinks she did really badly in the maths paper and guessed at least 20 questions as she didn`t understand them..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Same here - except in our case it was VR....weird as it's normally her best subject. She managed to keep it together at school but fell apart when I collected her. There must be a less cruel way to test kids!! She also reckon she completely guessed 20 questions as she ran out of time.

If it's any comfort to you our Head told us that Maths is the most common subject that they have to to an HT appeal for. If your daughter's school work is good then I'm sure an appeal will be accepted (that's assuming she did do as badly as she thinks).
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

didcot2002 wrote:
U400JB9 wrote:We`ve had tears here tonight ( just picked her up as I`ve been working) she thinks she did really badly in the maths paper and guessed at least 20 questions as she didn`t understand them..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Same here - except in our case it was VR....weird as it's normally her best subject. She managed to keep it together at school but fell apart when I collected her. There must be a less cruel way to test kids!! She also reckon she completely guessed 20 questions as she ran out of time.

If it's any comfort to you our Head told us that Maths is the most common subject that they have to to an HT appeal for. If your daughter's school work is good then I'm sure an appeal will be accepted (that's assuming she did do as badly as she thinks).
Thankyou for that......she is normally top dog in her class for maths. She`s feeling more confident about it now.....only time will tell
palacebelle

Post by palacebelle »

Hi All

My DD sat the test on Saturday and she too found the VR tough which I was surprised at as I thought NVR would have been the 'struggly' paper. Like you say only time will tell.

:)