Recent presentations about the 7oaks Christian School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Recent presentations about the 7oaks Christian School

Post by doodles »

Maybe the Squiggles parents are using the Ryedale Court car park at the moment? Just a thought.

I think you really need to see the situation of the building itself to understand the road crossing concerns ... but there is traffic coming from a number of directions and on the Tesco side of the road the pavement is railinged (?) off. The Kent Highways submission made me go cross-eyed literally. Public transport to this area is quite limited but I am sure that there will be some sort of bus provision although the drop off point for these is quite likely to be on the opposite side of the road :?

Mystery, the pavement outside the Bullfinch (on both sides of the road) is very narrow but it seems to cope with the current army of children that walk along it to get to the school bus pick up points by Tesco.

I just hope that for the sake of the children who have accepted places at Trinity that they can get this sorted out and the school can be up and running by September. Given the fact that there seems to be house building taking place on every blade of grass in the area both this school and the proposed Grammar School are sorely needed.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes I'm sure it means that the Squiggles Nursery is using Ryedale Court parking at the moment - which presumably they are not entitled to continue to do so if the building is let to the Christian School, so this is a problem for Squiggles, not one that should affect the comments that Highways makes about the Christian School application.

It does look hard to cross round there - it's hard further in to Riverhead too. I've come out of that Riverhead Village Hall thing enough times and tried to cross over to the Harvester with two young children. But by walking along to all the different crossings it was manageable. At the end of the day it's up to the parents to be sure that their children can cross safely at appropriate crossing points, or cross with them if they are driving them to school. I can't see that a crossing patrol would be refused if it was needed. That would be madness, surely.

I went to a school sandwiched between two very busy mainroads, and a lot of children were driven to school. People managed. I'm not connected with this school, but could potentially be a user of it in the future. From the distance this looks like loads of different bodies (apart from Tescos, Majestic and Sevenoaks Leisure Centre) are just standing back and nitpicking and providing no help or solutions.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Is there any indication when the council will make a decision - I couldn't see anything but I am being a little dense today to say the least!! It just seems that time is marching on and there is a lot of work to do before the school can open - it can only be about 12 weeks before the schools are due to go back after the summer break.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I thought there was some kind of national planning framework that prevented local red tape, dithering and antagonism from holding up a planning application for a free school, academy etc. Maybe Kent is putting it to the test.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Not long ow before the planning determination date.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Interesting article in this week's Chronicle about the planning application by Trinity. It's worth a read.

http://www.sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/Gov ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

That is certainly an interesting read doodles :D ...I hope that it all works out but I feel sorry for the families expecting to join Trinity in September that the permitted development rights idea couldn't have been suggested earlier. It must be very difficult for families expecting/hoping that their dc's will be starting in September to have had heard that permission had been turned down...lets hope that they can get cracking soon and be ready in time for the Autumn term.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't think they are worried the head seems to keep them very well informed. How many office workers was rye dale court designed to accommodate? If it was 240 or more - two years worth of four form entry - sevenoaks dc surely can't say no as that would imply that they should never have given permission for it to be an office for that number either in the first place.

And if you owned the block it would get depressing to think that it remained empty for so ling as office but as soon as someone is willing to pay for a lease the dc objects because of traffic.
doodles

Post by doodles »

What a difference a week makes. Driving passed Ryedale Court this morning and it is now fenced off, with those lattice metal fence things, and is looking ready for work.