Kent 2012 takers - what did you do?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Kent 2012 takers - what did you do?

Post by mystery »

That is the same with any maths really. If you are well on top of it you can do most of it in your head, if not, you can't, but you still can be fine on the concepts. Just slower. I was asking people who used sand s mental arithmetic which book numbers they used prior to sitting the 11 plus. The book numbers are written according to nc levels, not strictly to year groups.

Year 4 dd had book 3 at school during year 4, and year 2 dd had book 1. It sounds like some people on here have done book 5 before the 11 plus.

How does s and s book 5 compare with bond maths 10 to 11 and 11 to 12?

We have completed book 4 and it does not cover everything needed for the 8 gl assessment maths papers so going on to book 4 at least must be useful.
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

DS did Schofield & Simms book 4 and started on book 5. Found that quite a lot of areas in book 5 had not been covered in school and that worried DS so we stopped.
Bond 10 min test books year 10-11. After tutor got involved at x-mas time in Y6, she took over and I don't know what material she used - he never got any homework from her.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh that is interesting - we are always going to have to do stuff they have not done at school I think. Just finished s and s book 3 and that included stuff not done at school. To get book 4 by Christmas of year 5 would involve a lot not covered at school.

Tutor sounds brilliant if you could put your feet up at home after that. Anyone to recommend please? Didn't you even need to do one practice paper at home?
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

Mystery, I'll PM you later - if I can figure out how to do it!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh thank you wkm.
raymae

Post by raymae »

Ooh Crikey, I dont even know what half of these books are :? My Ds passed and is now a very happy yr 7 Twgsb student :D . We just let him run thru a few of the letts assessment practice papers for a couple of months prior to the 11 plus test. Feeling nervous again now though ... CATS this week.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now