Judd by train

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Judd by train

Post by ToadMum »

It's usually a bit different with secondary schools as most DC make their own way to school. I can't think of many if any around here which don't allow entry to the library / cafeteria or somesuch before school and where they have breakfast available I'm pretty sure it's "just turn up". A lot of ours have before-school sports sessions as well., although for some reason, so far neither DS1 nor DD have been attracted by the idea of 8am cross-country running...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
committed

Post by committed »

Sixth formers can access some of the main buildings before 8.35, but the younger ones can’t before then. Registration is at 8.40am, so that is the time you have to aim for. You can go into the canteen from 8am (and they serve breakfast). If it is raining, you can also congregate in the changing rooms – though that doesn’t sound particularly attractive! :D To be honest, whilst it sounds awful that they can’t go in, both mine are quite happy and they hang around with their year groups.

After school there is homework club until 5pm if they’re staying late and there are also a variety of after school clubs including STEM and programming as well as sports clubs which all run until then too. Not sure what options are available after 5pm.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

My son is at a different school but he gets there at 8.20am, he prefers to play football with his friends on the hard courts which are open, rather than catch the later bus which gets in at 8.39 as is a bit close for comfort for him. If its raining they are in the canteen eating toast or whatever if cheap and filling! There are quite a few kids who are there before 8.30 so I suspect if its the same at other schools.

Could you go Judd before 8.30 one morning and see what is going on? The official version of events might be different from reality :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now