Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Post by mystery »

Yes, good luck everyone. Hope they all do themselves justice and don't get upset about things whatever the final outcome.

This site is great.

It feels strange that's it now for us ( this time round anyhow) for the Kent 11 plus.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Anyone affected by this?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/new ... lus-23211/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even if they are sitting tomorrow, I can imagine that it must be upsetting if you thought that you would be sitting it today. Still, I guess one extra day of revision....
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Oh dear, that School Closure I'm sure would have unsettled a few nerves, poor things!
kentmum2011

Post by kentmum2011 »

Little update here - the water leak was a cover up for a security threat!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/new ... lus-23211/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We're in Ashford but luckily not our school, hope it hasn't unsettled the children too much.

My DS went in reasonably relaxed about the whole thing this morning, hoping he comes out happy! Glad it's all over for us, just need to wait patiently for October 15th now.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

[quote="confusedmum.com"]
there is nothing you can do but wait, anticipate and speculate.

Remember, once you have been able to de-brief your kids (and if you are lucky enough to get anything useful out them - I know I did not!), dont post anything on here regarding the format or type questions until after Saturday. I know there is not enough time in the next two days to really make a difference to OCC kids taking the test on Saturday but it does still mean that they are in the same position as the Kent kids taking the test today.

quote]

I'm getting some info from a Yr6 teacher regarding today, itching to share and discuss.......
Feeling uber anxious, how about everyone else? I don't get to see my DS for a while a I'm stuck at work!
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Home with Dd :) One of the year 6 teachers said that the test was much harder than they had anticipated, roll on the next 5 weeks until results day.
Minty

Post by Minty »

Maths was the biggest problem here - DD didn't finish last eight questions, so feeling nervous all over again. Will just have to wait and see, I guess....

Best wishes to all
Minty x
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Minty - Exactly the same as dd! she ran out of time and counted that she didn't complete the last 8 maths questions. She ran short of time in NVR and had to leave 5 questions but completed English and verbal sections within the allocated time.
Minty

Post by Minty »

We must have twins Kal - that is exactly what DD did. Apparently no one in her year managed to finish the maths paper, so fingers crossed we will be ok.
Minty
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

My DS too, didn't get to the last 8 Maths questions so guessed them. Was really upset as he thought everyone else finished them.

Also didn't finish some of the spatial ones.

But found English, verbal and the other NVR OK.