OOC application for Wilmington Girls Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
euromum

OOC application for Wilmington Girls Grammar

Post by euromum »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help here...DD got 365 (116 Maths, 119 English and 130 Reasoning), and we are really keen on Wilmington Grammar School for Girls but live well OOC (but we know of girls living further away who have managed to get places in previous years). I realise that this year's scores are lower due to new test format, but will she have a chance of a place? Many thanks!
dartmum2

Re: OOC application for Wilmington Girls Grammar

Post by dartmum2 »

WGGS is distance based for out of catchment - so it depends on how far you are away from the school rather than score. Without knowing how many girls from Dartford and parishes are successful and want to go there there is no definite answer to your question - have a look at the admissions policy http://www.gsgw.org.uk/page/?title=Y7+A ... 15&pid=274

It might be worth a chat with the schools admissions team - they may be able to give you a good idea if you tell them the distance you are from the school.

If you put them down on your CAF and don't get a place in the March round of offers you could then put your DD on the waiting list....
euromum

Re: OOC application for Wilmington Girls Grammar

Post by euromum »

Hi Dartmum thanks, this afternoon I spoke to the admissions teams at both Wilmington and Dartford, and the basic difference between them is that Wilmington selects OOC girls on the basis of proximity (I think that's what you said too) and Dartford selects them on scores, so will put both down on my form and cross my fingers and everything else!