Kent Pass Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest2007

Post by guest2007 »

If it is any help my child was scoring 65% Maths, 75% NVR 80% VR on NEFER practice papers in the run up to last years 11+ and scored 128, 140 and 139 in the actual thing.
katel

Post by katel »

My dd was scoring mid 70%s in practice papers and got 137 129 and 117 in the real thing
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

Were the practice tests nfer or the school practice tests?
I am feeling somewhat more relaxed about scores needed after reading these posts. I was beginning to think we didn't have a chance. Whenever we test with the real time limits there is always silly mistakes from time panicking and always a few guessed at the end which keeps the scores way below those magic 90's that others quote. My child has only done one practice test at school so far and has only marked half of it . He said it was easier than the nfer tests he does at home and that the papers had been the same ones used for years. I'm not sure how much notice we should take of these results.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I don't know any schools in the "kent" bit of kent that do practice tests.
bexley2

Post by bexley2 »

My child did their practice test in their Bexley school. This the promblem with Bexley and Kent being linked together on this site!
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Bexley also differs from some other areas as currently the mark that is used to decide if a score is selective is the aggregate score of the four standardised results (VR NVR Maths English). Every child in the borough is entered to sit the 11+ unless their parent withdraws them and the pass mark varies from year to year. There are also a considerable number of selective places (840 ish) as there are 4 grammar school plus one bi-lateral school in Bexley.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

yoyo123 wrote:I don't know any schools in the "kent" bit of kent that do practice tests.
We're in south east kent, and the children will have some run-throughs leading up to January, I am told.
kent guest4

Post by kent guest4 »

We are in SE Kent. The only practice papers done in school last year were the official ones. These were done on Monday, with the actual tests on Tuesday and Wedneday. It was a hellish week. My understanding is that the schools are not allowed to do any other practice papers.
Anne42

Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

It's the same in Medway , i think . My daughters school are doing one VR test next week, test is on Saturday .