Judd admissions policy 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Judd admissions policy 2016

Post by mystery »

That still doesn't really explain why they have changed their raison d'être from giving places to the highest scorers wherever they live to giving most of their places to moderate to high scorers in west kent.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Maybe they analysed the scores over the years and decided that by changing the admissions criteria in this way future cohorts would still in practice be very high scorers. But this is mere speculation on my part.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

One of the Judd documents about the change refers to extra funding (I assume over and above the "bulge" funding) agreed for making the additional form of entry permanent.

It seems likely that KCC took this road when the government knocked back the original (Invicta) proposal for a mixed-sex grammar in Sevenoaks, trying by alternative means to at least maintain current boys' selective provision for West Kent alongside a WoK girls-only grammar annexe in Sevenoaks.

The Skinners' School 2016 admissions consultation was about a concessionary discounted entry score for a small number of children meeting free-school-meals criteria. There wasn't anything about zoning. Skinners had their fifth form of entry made permanent for 2015, so there was less opportunity for KCC negotiation there, I suppose.
mystery

Post by mystery »

OK. I wondered too if KCC "negotiation" was in there. If it did involve some money, I hope they gave them at least as much as the £ks or £ms which must have been spent on the non-existent grammar school consultation, design and planning exercise so far --- including whatever was given to Invicta to take part in the original proposals!
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Don't forget all those bulldozers onsite: 60% cost to KCC do you think? (6FE annexe on plan v 4 FE for Trinity.)
mystery

Post by mystery »

That's a curious thought Chimera-Ma. Are they levelling a wider area than would be needed just for the Trinity School plus its necessary car-parking and other on-site facilities?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Yes, from what I can see. I'll comment further via the Annexe thread.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now