Eleven plus tourists?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sparklecat

Re: Eleven plus tourists?

Post by Sparklecat »

We took the Medway Test despite being in Kent, because we were just over the border in an area that traditionally sends children there, a reasonable bus ride away. Several of her primary school friends now attend RGS. I wouldn't force my child to do tests in Sutton, London or Buckinghamshire for schools she has no prospect of ever attending. That would have no benefit and, in my opinion, could cause her serious psychological harm.
piggys

Re: Eleven plus tourists?

Post by piggys »

PeppermintCreams wrote:There is a big difference between being out of catchment for a small number of areas that are reasonably local to get to, and being an M25 tourist and doing every single test in a 200 mile radius. :mrgreen:
Absolutely. From reading their past posts it would appear that the OP is one such person. It's a bit odd that they haven't been back to clarify or explain their objections...we can draw our own inference I guess.

I agree that forcing your dc to travel extremely long distances with heavy bags and PE kits, across boroughs and towns to a school where you have no hope of making any local friends, or being able to join in any pleasurable or fun after school activities, is tantamount to child abuse. You would be better off home edding.