OOC and score of 350

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hbsseal

OOC and score of 350

Post by hbsseal »

Is there any realistic prospect of a DG with a score of 350 making the cut-off at any of the Kent schools.

I am aware that there are a large number of schools in the Kent area, and it is rather difficult to say anything definitive about the cut-off at each specific school as it will all depend on what others put on their CAF, however, any pointers would be helpful.

For example, if there are a few schools that should be definitely off the list because there is no to thin chance that would be helpful as then the 6 spaces would not be wasted. In saying that, I do understand that CAF is a preference form and not an exercise in trying to match the school one is most likely to get. But we have a situation where 6 is not a large number given a wide range of options available, and therefore not wasting a spot merely to express an unrealistic "preference" is an important factor.

Many thanks.
Sorrel

Re: OOC and score of 350

Post by Sorrel »

You'd need to say whether your child is a son or daughter, and where you live, to get useful advice on this. I'd say you're probably looking at a place on distance rather than score with 350: it's good, but there is a lot of competition for the few ooc places which go on score.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I presume by DG you mean DD? Sorry but if you are OOC then DGGS and Tonbridge are highly unlikely options. You will be looking at schools that have a pass and then it depends on whether you might be in distance. A few schools have made places available outside their defined parishes. Weald of Kent is one that has traditionally gone miles out and last year went as far as Orpington if not further. If your DD did really well in the Maths element then a Governor's place at Wilmington may be an option.

I have also known families move into a defined Kent parish by the change of address date in early December and then get classed as IC.
Dejavus

Post by Dejavus »

PettswoodFiona wrote:I presume by DG you mean DD? Sorry but if you are OOC then DGGS and Tonbridge are highly unlikely options. You will be looking at schools that have a pass and then it depends on whether you might be in distance. A few schools have made places available outside their defined parishes. Weald of Kent is one that has traditionally gone miles out and last year went as far as Orpington if not further. If your DD did really well in the Maths element then a Governor's place at Wilmington may be an option.

I have also known families move into a defined Kent parish by the change of address date in early December and then get classed as IC.

Would you know what kind of proof is required for a change of address before the deadline. I have been trying to find out on he forum but not been successful yet. How does one prove a legitimate move.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Dejavus... if you want information about what proof of address in needed, then look at information supplied by Kent County Council, who deal with the school applications.

This forum doesn’t have anything to do with the actual allocation of schools.

I found the information you want in a few seconds, by googling your query and adding ‘KCC’. There’s a guide called ‘Admission to secondary school in Kent 2019’ that you can download from KCC that details the whole school application process and it’s quite specific about what you need to provide as a proof of address. It also details about what type of tenancy a family would need, if they didn’t own their property. Look on pages 13 and 14 of the guide.

Best to get the information from KCC directly, than relying on what others say that might or might not be acceptable as proof of address.
Dejavus

Post by Dejavus »

inkypinkyponky wrote:Dejavus... if you want information about what proof of address in needed, then look at information supplied by Kent County Council, who deal with the school applications.

This forum doesn’t have anything to do with the actual allocation of schools.

I found the information you want in a few seconds, by googling your query and adding ‘KCC’. There’s a guide called ‘Admission to secondary school in Kent 2019’ that you can download from KCC that details the whole school application process and it’s quite specific about what you need to provide as a proof of address. It also details about what type of tenancy a family would need, if they didn’t own their property. Look on pages 13 and 14 of the guide.

Best to get the information from KCC directly, than relying on what others say that might or might not be acceptable as proof of address.
Many thanks for taking the time to respond, I actually spoke with the admissions team after my post the lovely lady on the phone was extremely helpful.

Nonetheless thanks for the time and effort @inkypinkyponky
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh good, I’m glad you gave the admissions team a ring and they were helpful. At least you now know things from the horse’s mouth, as the saying goes!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now