Out of Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Benfleet Mum

Re: Out of Catchment

Post by Benfleet Mum »

My DS scored 353 in his Kent exam and we are out of catchment. Can some guide us if we want to secure the admission in Kent, which schools are more realistic for this score?

As well if we move in catchment for Dartford are there chances to get in Dartford/ Wilmington for in catchment.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Well done to your DS. However as an OOC score it is highly unlikely to get a place. If you move by address change date into a priority parish for the ones that only require a pass (like Wilmington) then this would be fine. You may need to demonstrate you’ve cut all ties with a previous home. If you move later you would go to top of wait list depending on oversubscription criteria.
ARCH

Post by ARCH »

ARCH wrote:
arewenearlythere wrote:I received a reply from KCC on when they wil publish the Kent Test 2019 Excel report i.e. a report which shows the number of children who scored each total score, broken down by district and gender. This will enable amateur statisticans out there to work out likley cut-offs.

The email from the helpful KCC person says "The report is under review and will be uploaded to the website once it has been agreed. I cannot give you an exact timescale but I imagine there will be information on the website by next week".

I have emailed them too asking for this year 400+ scorers from OOC just to get an idea and they advised me to write to freedomofinformation@kent.gov.uk and so I did. The FOI guys came back saying it is not possible to disclose this information at this stage and suggested me to wait until it is available on public platform. However they did mention - " Please note that we routinely publish 2019 Kent Test results, broken down by District, within one week of Kent Test results being released".

So I hope we will have some clarity by next friday. I have huge respect for KCC because they are so prompt in their responses dealing with million requests unlike other horrible councils who dont even bother to answer your phone or emails.

Kent 2019 score card is released and is available on their website, now more confusion gets added... looks like the competition is growing crazily high.. in 2018 there were 238 kids who scored 400+ but this year in 2019 the numbers are not straight forward, I have considered a mean number e.g. 6 to 16 i have considered around 11.. the total for this year says 335+ boys who scored more than 400 (I am talking about OOC category boys only)..
Exam12345

Post by Exam12345 »

We are from OOC, and my DS scored 383, is there any chance he can apply for a Kent grammar school at all? We really liked Judd and Dartford, but based on the report Kent Council just published, we don't think he will stand a chance.
Rhinoisflying

Post by Rhinoisflying »

My daughter got 220 in Newstead, 386 in Kent. And I live in Orpington. She was home tutored so couldn't expect more tbh. Now the confusion is if she stands a chance in Newstead as I am a bit reluctant to change my location. Also I am not sure of OOC score for Kent. I read that was 393last year but again I read in another website that it is between 360 and 370. ....Any suggestions on OOC for Tonbridge Grammar guys..and hopes on getting NWS.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hello Rhino, I think Tonbridge is a bit unlikely but you never know. For NW I have a hopeful answer to your question on this thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 1&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

PWF
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now