11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shahul_hamid_1999

Re: Kent Grammar school admission moving into Kent

Post by shahul_hamid_1999 »

This is the confusion so did they ask you to make a submission To Kent council
ichayan

Post by ichayan »

It is confusing, the way she explained is, you can’t apply unless you secured your place before 1st Nov. I don’t think she was the right person. 0300 041 2121 Give this number a call, you might get to a different person
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Unless you want to risk your whole application being regarded as late from the outset, you need to apply before the 31st October deadline, through the LA where you currently live, naming whichever schools, wherever they are, in your true order of preference.

If you are definitely moving to Kent, then it would make sense to name the preferred Kent schools first; however, if there is the slightest risk that you might change your mind, or in case the whole plan goes wrong, add at least one safe, currently local school below them as well.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Priyalei

Post by Priyalei »

Correct me if I am wrong -we should apply through our local council on 31st Oct listing Kent grammar school of choice and then update KCC once you get your rental agreement before 9th Dec. I don’t think we can apply CAF to KCC by 31st Oct if we have no proof of contract signed by then for the planned move.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Priyalei wrote:Correct me if I am wrong -we should apply through our local council on 31st Oct listing Kent grammar school of choice and then update KCC once you get your rental agreement before 9th Dec. I don’t think we can apply CAF to KCC by 31st Oct if we have no proof of contract signed by then for the planned move.
yes you need to apply through your current LEA and update when you move
Priyalei

Post by Priyalei »

hermanmunster wrote:
Priyalei wrote:Correct me if I am wrong -we should apply through our local council on 31st Oct listing Kent grammar school of choice and then update KCC once you get your rental agreement before 9th Dec. I don’t think we can apply CAF to KCC by 31st Oct if we have no proof of contract signed by then for the planned move.
yes you need to apply through your current LEA and update when you move
Thank you x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now