Year 4 maths

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Year 4 maths

Post by mystery »

Is that a group of schools that have agreed to this common sense approach? Or a particular area of a county with an area education officer who knows something about education?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Just seems to be the consensus that this is what we are looking for...the latest coming down from above..as a mere teacher , mine is not to question why..especially when it is a directive that I agree with!

eta: after 20 plus years I have been through several cycles of "latest thinking" and now just go with my gut feel!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We've always been told every teacher is a teacher of literacy ... so I think some schools mentioned are in the minority.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Guest55 wrote:We've always been told every teacher is a teacher of literacy ... so I think some schools mentioned are in the minority.
Absolutely!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well that's a relief if we are in the minority. I suppose you don't get a fair cross section on here because it's going to have more than its fair share of people looking to prepare for tests who want school to narrow the gap between the school standard and the test standard or people with children needing an extra boost to make up for (hopefully rare) not so good school experiences.