LRGS preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Joobee

Re: LRGS preparation

Post by Joobee »

Congratulations! Does anyone know if we ever get told the scores?
Primrosejo

Post by Primrosejo »

Nothing through for CRGS yet and the exam was the same day. We were told that you only get scores if you don't get in? But I am going to try to get some info the same day. My daughter says she might not go even if she gets in! Our comprehensive school is also very good. Congratulations to Rose who got in by the way!
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

Congratulations to your DS Mrs Mak. My DS also got his OOC place. We are so so proud of him. Watching his face as he read the letter made my eyes water. Goodnluck to everyone still waiting for results.
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Very well done to your sons mumski and mrs mak.
tsl

Post by tsl »

Congratulations to you all! My son also got a place in LRGS. He was so thrilled as he thought did not do well in English at all.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tsl wrote:Congratulations to you all! My son also got a place in LRGS. He was so thrilled as he thought did not do well in English at all.
I'm curious - no-one has actually got a school place until they have named the school on their CAF and been allocated the place via their Local Authority on March 1st. I assume you mean that the ranking your child got means that a place is a dead best should you put the school as first preference on your form?
Last edited by ToadMum on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ToadMum wrote:
tsl wrote:Congratulations to you all! My son also got a place in LRGS. He was so thrilled as he thought did not do well in English at all.
I'm curious - no-one gap actually got a school place until they have named the school on their CAF and been allocated the place via their Local Authority on March 1st. I assume you mean that the ranking your child got means that a place is a dead best should you put the school as first preference on your form?
absolutely true - have to remember to put the school first on the CAF or there will be no place.

With some of the Lancashire and Yorkshire grammars it is a case of "if you get the score and live in the catchment then you get a place" after that places are offered OOC. I am not sure that there have ever been any occasions when in catchment children did not get places after reaching the passmark (of course there might have been :oops: ).
tsl

Post by tsl »

ToadMum wrote:
I'm curious - no-one gap actually got a school place until they have named the school on their CAF and been allocated the place via their Local Authority on March 1st. I assume you mean that the ranking your child got means that a place is a dead best should you put the school as first preference on your form?
I meant my son has got a OOC seat. I knew the process, just my poor English expression.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think the LRGS letters / offers / results etc can be a bit complicated - I have obviously got confused about it before ! https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=28201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Congratulations to your son tsl. We are still waiting, results due by 12th by post.

I know CRGS always have less children passing in catchment than places available so if your DC passes in catchment then they definitely have a place if you list CRGS as number 1 on the CAF. 1st March is a formality.

If there are places available after all the DC in catchment who passed then it goes on score order. The top scoring out of catchment children will also be told in October they definitely have a place if they put it 1 on the CAF. The rest of the OOC children who pass go on wait list in score order, they are told their place on the list. As far as I know LRGS is the same. So the sons of the posters on here who have got confirmed OOC places have scored very well indeed.

Of course nothing is certain and it is possible one year more children in catchment will pass than places available but that has never happened. The school increased intake last year to 150. If more did pass in catchment than places it is decided by score order so the top 150 in catchment would still know they have a place in October. From memory the split for 2016 CRGS intake was 100 places in catchment/50 OOC.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now