Results out 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ourmaminhavana

Re: Results out 2012

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Stocky wrote:Many thanks OMIH, you have been a fantastic support through our journey. When I read Bonkers comment saying she felt 230 ish wasn't a great score, it didn't sit right with me. I wouldn't want someone who had just got 220, thinking they hadn't done that well. Hope that makes sense.
You've very welcome Stocky. I'm so pleased that it's all worked out so well for you and your DCs. Is this your last one?!

I can see entirely why many schools don't release the scores. If I did know my child's score, I certainly wouldn't tell the child and have them comparing them in the playground. I completely agree that doing anything which detracts from a child's achievement at passing is very sad IMHO. :(
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Well done everyone and fingers crossed you all get your chosen schools. Its not an easy wait, whether its because distance or score is the deciding factor, but for now just enjoy your DC's fantastic achievement and passing this at 10/11 truly is amazing.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi everyone

Just thought I would all on this thread know that I have spoken to QEHS Gainsborough and they say that 236 children passed who sat the test at their school in Sept.

Angie76 :D
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I assume there have never been more than 180 siblings???? :( That would be my luck!!! Thank you OMIH, there is DD2 but she's 20 months only, so I do have a nice break from it and who knows what the school situation will be then. I don't think I could cope with another year of this just yet, going through this twice in 13 months with an appeal in the middle has just about driven me insane. But this forum has helped me keep my sanity and if I can help just one person a little bit with their journey, then I will do that, as I want to give something back.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Just wanted to say congratulations to all your wonderful DCs who have done so well. But special thoughts too for all of you who face disappointment and do let us know if you need help with what to do next.

Alex
looleeuk

Post by looleeuk »

Veryproud- you said your son scored 229 which in your words 'isn't very high' - it IS very high as that is over 80% which is an amazing score for the 11+! I feel very sorry if your son feels that's not enough in comparison to some of his friends. Peer pressure is a nasty thing at times. Parent pressure can be just as bad too!

I apologise to all those who thought it in bad taste my putting my daughters score down, someone said people had put scores down in the past so I thought it'd be ok. I still am in awe of my daughter, but I feel a bit like I've had my wrist slapped for being proud of her achievement and that has detracted from my feelings which is all a bit sad. Like Celtic worrier I've not been part of email/texting groups or even friends as we're currently in Herts where things are done differently and my daughter didn't do the local exams. (Plus I don't get to see many of my DD's friends parents often).

Well done to everyone x
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi looleeuk

There is no need at all to apologise. You should be so very proud. Your DC has worked hard.
Every child that has gone through this process should be proud of themselves regardless of their score.
For those that have not reached the required standard should also be proud that they tried.
Continue being in awe of your DC as it's this I'm sure that has helped her through this and you should feel very proud of yourself for that.
Well done :D

Angie76 :D
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Totally concur with what Angie has posted. I dont think my pride in DS and what he has achieved will ever leave me or reduce, though he does keep telling me to stop fussing!! Lovely post Alex - i know a DC at DS school who is bitterly disappointed to have not passed as her best friend did and they both have siblings at QEHS, its really heartbreaking to see her disappointment. She was the only one who didnt score high enough (hate using the word fail, as any DC that goes through this has succeeded in my mind). All the DCs who passed have siblings bar one and I actually feel really guilty that he may lose out on distance :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now