Medway 11+ exam leak

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nearlydone

Post by nearlydone »

No I haven't and don't know of anyone who has!
paulap

Post by paulap »

No I haven't heard of any leak either.
dirigible

Post by dirigible »

One thing I would add is that I understand that the same paper was used for the test taken in the following week by those who for whatever reason could not attend on the 17th, so if word got out these could have had the opportunity to craft their letter.
Having said that persuasive letters to councillors and alike seem to be common practice in year 5/6 anyway
jokiebe

Post by jokiebe »

in yr 5 my sons class had to write to ITV about commercials... this to my knowledge is the only formal letter writing exercise they have undertaken but it was a good lesson for my son thankfully as he remembered to sign his letter yours sincerely... I was most impressed!!!.... in the lead up to the exam they were practising imaginative writing - his teacher was really shocked that they had a letter and my son was disappointed as he wanted to write a essay and show off some of the vocabulary he had been storing for the occasion!! I personally think if there was a "leak" it was probably to do with the exam taking place the following week for those who missed the original one... I know everyone on here was very careful not to discuss the subject matter.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

The following week's test had a change of subject for the writing; yes it was still a letter but an entirely different subject.
TEARFULmum

Post by TEARFULmum »

If only there was a leak. To be honest I do not think this was the case. My child writes beautifully.I am talking pages so I was surprised by the letter.
I'm sorry your child did not do well. :(
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

medwaymum wrote:The following week's test had a change of subject for the writing; yes it was still a letter but an entirely different subject.
Not really that different.
The first was about a leisure sentre closure, the second a library closure.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

jenhug wrote:
medwaymum wrote:The following week's test had a change of subject for the writing; yes it was still a letter but an entirely different subject.
Not really that different.
The first was about a leisure sentre closure, the second a library closure.
Agreed, not that different, but different enough that anybody that had heard what the task was and planned their writing task with the child to just recall on the day would have had to use their brains and change the content.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The natioanl curriculum covers all genres of writing and (at state schools at least) pupils will have covered letter writing,stories, persuasive writing, scripts, recall and recount and more..

Children;s memories about what they have done are notoriously fickle.
Parent100

Post by Parent100 »

Out of interest who marks the English papers and who may have prior knowledge of what the paper could be?
Not bitter, but when a child goes into school the following Monday saying that they knew what the English paper was going to be - it does sound alarm bells.